Fat in Food vs Protein ect.

Options
Cp731
Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
When I eat Protein packed food it generally has about the same amount of fat. Just had my first protein packed breakfast and the fat content concerns me. Should I be worried. Lrg Hard Boiled Egg and Nutrigrain Bar

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of fat. Dietary fat =/= body fat. You need fat for proper hormone regulation and stuff. If you want to eat foods that are high in protein that have less fat eat fish like tuna, lean meats, egg whites, and protein shakes.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Id rather be over in protein than in anything else at days end. I notice everytime I post a new topic I only get one response back which generally hurts my feelings that no one seems to care what Im posting about. But, on the upside that one post has all the answer Im looking for and that I dont need 20 or 30 run on post each containg something different.:blushing:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I try to reply to topics with no replies because even if I don't have anything of much value to add it still bumps it to the top for visibility. Also, it's fine to be over on fat because MFP has it set pretty low. You can manually change your goals if you'd like. It's best to eat *at least* 1g protein/kg of body weight and at least .35g fat/lb of body weight. Carbs don't really matter. They're not a necessary part of your diet so it's more of a personal preference. Just hit at least the minimum for protein and fat and you can set your carbs to however much you'd like.