is a variety important?

Options
I live in residence, so it is obviously very difficult to eat healthy nevermind eating a variety of different foods!
I feel like im eating the same things everyday...
Also, I do the same thing at the gym everyday.
Is this bad?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you're eating the same foods every day you're most likely not getting all the nutrients you need. A variety insures adequate vitamins, minerals, carb, protein, fat. As for the gym, the fact that you're working out is good, although is is good for your body as well as your mind(ever get bored?) to change up your routine
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Your body will get used to the same thing and it won't work anymore but if it's working right now, that's all that matters. Putting variety into your meals will keep you from being bored and going back to unhealthy food. Putting variety into your work outs will help you prevent plateauing.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I try to pick up one or two things different from the previous week and work it into the SAME things I've been eating so it's a slight variation and I'm not bored. I've been eating healthy for 2 1/2 months and haven't gotten bored yet!

I can't stand to do the same thing at the gym everyday, much less every other day so I make sure I do different things and I stay excited.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Exercise wise you need to switch it up some just to get a proper mix in your workouts. Depending on what you are doing will also depend how to mix. But, any exercise is better than none.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have very little variety in my diet...I basically buy what I can afford, and that doesn't change too often. I tend to eat more if I have more variety, so keeping it boring helps me stay on track.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    Variety is the hardest part for me, I dont cook so I struggle with not getting bored of my lean cuisines. Grrr. I guess it is time to start cooking.