30 Day Shred Level 3!?

Options
I can't seem to do it without getting this WALLOP of a migraine/headache in the beginning. It actually has me scared to BITS! I don't know if its the plank work, or what, but HOLY HELL 3 days in a row I've had to stop to take advil and jump lower just to ease my head. Last night I actually stopped mid-workout and couldn't continue. What the heck is going on? So today I finished the end of Level 3 and did Level 1, back to back (OMG, don't ever do that LOL) but I don't think I can continue to do the first part of Level 3 anymore.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am on level 3 day 5..it hasn't given me headaches like you have described..I will bump this for you though.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Are you hydrated when you start the workout? I get really bad headaches after I really push myself on a run, and I read an article about how this is caused from maxing yourself out without being properly hydrated... just a thought, hope it helps!
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do drink a little water, but not a ton before I work out, because i hate hearing it slosh around in my stomach while I jump lol

I think it's from one of the beginning plank positions and the pressures on my head/neck. I am doing things for the first time in a long time since I suffered a car wreck back in '02, I'm proud to say I'm doing push ups, plank and all that now. However, I'm beginning to realize that maybe I might need to take it a little easier, especially with something like this. I successfully finished the 2nd half of the workout with no headache, and it usually happens 1/3 - 1/2 way through, so whatever causes it has to be in the beginning. I think it's the mountain climber.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hmm. The first time I did the Plyometrics workout from P90X, I had to stop halfway through because I got nauseated and then I had a migraine all day long, but it only ever happened that once and that was definitely due to over-exertion. But I wonder if this is due to a particular move you are doing, as you seem to suspect. Be sure you are keeping your head in line with the rest of your spine and you aren't holding it up higher or lower as that would put extra pressure on it. Otherwise.... maybe avoid that level of the video? I realize that might kinda suck if you are really committed to doing this series. However, there are plenty of other ways to build a very similar circuit workout with different moves that won't give you migraines because having a pounding headache is definitely not going to motivate you to keep working out!

Edit to add that maybe you might want to seek the advice of a physical therapist who might be able to address any specific issues you are having due to the car crash that you were in. They would also be able to watch your form to make sure you are not placing undue stress on your neck/head.
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hmm. The first time I did the Plyometrics workout from P90X, I had to stop halfway through because I got nauseated and then I had a migraine all day long, but it only ever happened that once and that was definitely due to over-exertion. But I wonder if this is due to a particular move you are doing, as you seem to suspect. Be sure you are keeping your head in line with the rest of your spine and you aren't holding it up higher or lower as that would put extra pressure on it. Otherwise.... maybe avoid that level of the video? I realize that might kinda suck if you are really committed to doing this series. However, there are plenty of other ways to build a very similar circuit workout with different moves that won't give you migraines because having a pounding headache is definitely not going to motivate you to keep working out!

Edit to add that maybe you might want to seek the advice of a physical therapist who might be able to address any specific issues you are having due to the car crash that you were in. They would also be able to watch your form to make sure you are not placing undue stress on your neck/head.

Ooh, yeah, maybe it's the plyometrics, this is my first exposure to it! I will get a hold of a couple of PT's or trainers and get their take on it. Thank you!