LOOKING for a new workout

Options
okay I'm on the market for new workout... let me tell you about my self before you give advice. I get bored very easily!!! I love dancing and was on kick line for years in high school. i hate yoga because of slow pace! i have problems with my thighs and my mom belly ( i had two little ones by c-section). i already have zumba and enjoyed it but has became redundant. Try p90x multiple time and failed to finish it. okay shoot!

Replies

• savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I would love to help you find a new workout. You say you like dance so you may like Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. They are both upbeat. I am doing Les Mills Combat right now and I am loving it. I love it because you get great burn in a quick amount of time. The trainers on their are fun and I love the music.

If you like to see any videos on these workouts, message me.

Julianne

Just curious, what did you not like about P90x?
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump any more suggestion....

Thanks savlov30 i look into those...
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What about Power hoop its amazing for toning your tummy :) x
  • fragglered
    fragglered Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Tae-bo? It's a little old school but still great.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I so need one of those "Do you even lift" gifs.

I suggest lifting.
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Okay so i know what you mean, i love the workouts in p90 AND insanity but after a week or two they become monotonous , part of exercising is finding whats right for your, try doing one week of insanity, one week of P90 then one week of cardio, switch it up regularly so your body is always adjusting to new moves and tempo. and for some reason doing things on MY schedule keeps me into it, as opposed to following a programs, but you do you and good luck!
  • isabulle13
    Options
    Kick boxing maybe? And... pole dancing. Love it. It really takes some strength! And progressing is fuuuun. Downside is the price, I find it expensive, since I work out 5-6 times a week I keep it as a treat... and in the meantime I started strength training to lift my butt off the floor on that damn pole! :-D

Good luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sooo many workouts .....

A couple of general ideas ... collagevideo.com & totalfitnessdvds.com are both great resources for exercise DVDs ... these sites will give you video clips & reviews ... so you can get an idea before you buy.

Netflix - by mail. This is how I started. I got a new workout every week .... some things stuck, and others didn't. I could test drive every DVD. Netflix's mail selection is pretty extensive ... use collage & totalfitness to narrow your list.

Specifics ..... I'm choreographically challenged so I stick to the basics .... step aerobics is low impact, yet challenging. You can go basic or dancey here.

Rebounding ..... this is a mini-trampoline. DVDs for this run from kickboxing to circuit training. Lots of variety.
  • bretcoy
    bretcoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I began using fitnessblender.com last week. Numerous workout videos with great instruction. Varying degrees of difficulty from beginner to advanced. They also give an estimate of calories burned for each workout. MFP should partner up with them to get workouts listed in the exercise data base. In the mean time, you'll have to enter the information yourself.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest Turbo Fire. Very upbeat and fun, and a great calorie burner. It's mostly cardio, but also a couple of resistance band workouts. I also was using Zumba and thought this was a good transition. I wish they'd put out some new Zumba DVDs as the classes aren't convenient for my schedule.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    How about a boot camp. I do one at a gym and every week she changes up what we do. It's always a mix of cardio and strength, but what we actually do and for how long changes.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    There have a title boxing club in my city, and they offer kickboxing classes (or something) you get a first class trial for free! I would love to try it just to see if I like it--its supposed to burn a TON of calories. It sounds like fun too.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! I'm going look into everyone suggestion to pick what best for me! i would love start lifting weights but don't have equipment or money for it at the moment!