SUPERBOWL

Options
I am going to a superbowl party next weekend and I know I'm going to be eating (and drinking) things I shouldn't be. Do I just suck it up and let it be a cheat day or do I bring my little baggy of carrots and hope temptation doesn't get the best of me? Any suggestions? What's other people doing?

Replies

• devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I would just eat really well all week, work out a lot, and that way on Sunday you can indulge. Sometimes I will look at my weekly calories (i can see this on my iPhone MFP app) and just "save" my workout and leftover calories for that one day so I at least stay at or under my weekly calories. Hope that make sense :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going to one too! The plan is to have pizza, so that's what I'm going to do, but I'll make sure I get in good workouts to earn the extra cals. I'll treat it like any other 'holiday' and work around it, so to speak.
    Have fun!
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Personally I am going to be fitting in extra work outs this week and next week. so I can have what I want over super bowl. I struggle with dieting when I am fed up and have much more success if I have one meal of what I want then get straight back on it afterwards.

Having said that, I'm in the UK and it's not on until midnight here so can't imagine I'll eat too unhealthily.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I would do both. Carrots and cheat day.
  • laurabossart
    laurabossart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to bring an appetizer? I have that dilemma, and am trying to find a halfway healthy snack that I like and others would enjoy. Still searching, but things like cantaloupe, veggie tray, spicy almonds,celery boats are worth a look.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? You are 5 pounds from goal. Lighten up and enjoy the party.One day is not going to kill you. Workout a little more than usual on Saturday and Sunday if that makes you feel better!!!
  • TracyBarrett81
    TracyBarrett81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been planing for the Superbowl for several weeks. I have been saving my cheat day!!
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to bring an appetizer? I have that dilemma, and am trying to find a halfway healthy snack that I like and others would enjoy. Still searching, but things like cantaloupe, veggie tray, spicy almonds,celery boats are worth a look.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/802848-low-cal-party-food - here are some good ideas i was given when looking for a NYE party i was hosting
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Relax and enjoy the game with your family and friends. You know what it takes to keep you on track. Honestly you probably won't do as bad as you think you will. You got this!
  • JoMarch23ag
    Options
    You should bring fruit salsa and cinnamon chips! I made the recpe for a christmas party and it was a big hit! To save calories I left the perserves out of the fruit salsa mix and it was still great. The cinamon sugar chips are heavier on the calories so you can still indulge with everyone else, just in a healthier way! :happy:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Some type of meatballs,Fruit Kabobs,Wheat Thins and a Cheese Ball,veggie tray- things like that something a bit healthier than Chips or Fatty Foods.
  • Saragirl56
    Options
    This website has a lot of snack foods that look really good but are still healthy
    http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/
    I'm going to try the Buffalo Chicken Wing Wontons. They look really good.
  • laurabossart
    laurabossart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ShellB8585, I'll see what I can find there :-)
  • stina1980
    stina1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will be taking Skinny Taste's Taco Dip to a party. I hope it's good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/skinny-taco-dip.html
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy the night...but will try to use it as a day to stay "even."
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    GO RAVENS!!

I'm planning on eating veggies, fruit, and a crab cake :)
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am hosting the Super Bowl party this year, so it will be way easier for me this time around. I'm fixing grilled sliders made with 50/50 ground turkey and lean hamburger meat, 2% cheese and TONS of veggie toppings. I also found whole wheat slider buns! I've got the veggie dip recipe ready and everyone brings their own drinks. I know there will be stuff here that I wouldn't normally eat, but it's one day, so I'm going to indulge just a little bit, and I'll have an extra workout or two this week. Good luck to all of you and have fun for the parties! Don't stress about it too much...stress can derail you too!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I'll do what I always do: Skip breakfast, workout a little harder and then ENJOY. Especially since it's looking like my team is going to win their 6th ring!!!!! Go 9ers!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    GO RAVENS!!

:noway:
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Do cardio before. It will burn some extra calories and motivate you to limit yourself on your cheating foods