Does It Count??

Options
I deliver papers in the mornings, and I was wondering if I should count it as exercise?? I marked my activity level as active, and didn't know if that covered it or not. I am out for 4 hours every morning, and, though I have a foot route, I am rural so I have to drive to each house. I do run the paper to the doorstep at all 350ish houses, so...

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If my understanding is correct, by having your activity level set at active, this type of activity is already accounted for with your daily allowance of calories. If you set your activity level to sedentary you can account for most activities where you are moving for extended periods of time (like waitressing, or working on an assembly line, walking for a mile to get the bus etc.) I would say though that it is best to keep your activity level where it is, since it would be nearly impossile to get an accurate calorie burn between walking to doors and driving for an extended period of time. It is my gut instinct to only count intended exercise activities as exercise.