HAS ANYONE TIRED THE MASTER CLEANSE?

Options
I was recently watching a show and they were talking about the Master Cleanse. Has anyone tired at and become successful? I was thinking about trying it just to clean out my body and start over fresh. YouTube has videos of people who have did it for 10days and lost 10-20lbs I'm thinking about giving it a shot. What's your thoughts on it?

Amanda

Replies

• IndigoLightbody
    Options
    I do the Master Cleanse alot. It's really not something you should be doing to lose weight. During the year 2010 I did a 14 day fast (the Master Cleanse) every 3 months BUT I have been fasting since the age of 18 so I am very experienced at it. If you are going to do it, I highly recommend that you only do it for 3 days your first time. Fasting (cleansing) should never be done with the intention of losing weight from it, the purpose should be to assist the body with releasing toxins and freeing the cells of toxic residue build up.
    Cleansing should be done carefully and you should know what to expect so that you don't get freaked out by symptoms and go off it incorrectly.
    Do some reading. The Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs is a great little booklet - also the book called The Miracle of Fasting is an incredible book (same author). I have probably read that book at least 7 times and it is very helpful when opening up to cleansing and fasting.
    Be good to yourself :flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

THIS

Have a read of this and the posts underneath and then make your mind up.
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did the Master Cleanse years ago. Seven days. I absolutely hated the daily saltwater laxative. Effective, yes! Have no plans for the next hour after you take it! The cleanse wasn't a pleasant experience for me, mostly because of the daily laxative, but the lemonade drink wasn't too bad, but it became monotonous.

I started this year off with a 14-day water fast. I found that to be more effective in cleansing and detoxing. It was a challenge, but I honestly feel like it 'reset' some things in me. For one, I've lost all cravings for sugar and caffeine. Secondly, I had been struggling with some mild depression after some major life changes over the last 5 years. I suddenly realized just a few days ago, that was gone as well. There is also, a certain amount of discipline that has been birthed in me because of the experience. So, bottom line, water fasting, to me, was more effective, as I tried them both.

I also lost 30 pounds, 15 of which came back in one week after eating good healthy foods at the end of my fast, but I am finding consistent loss again after two weeks of the fast... and I feel great!