New and ready to go!

Options
Hey everyone i am Jaki and i joined a couple days ago but didnt have a chance to post.

I also got my friend to join with me as we are going to the gym together and thought it would be good to do this together too.

I am soooooo excited about this i have been wanting to make a change for a long time and now i am finally doing it.

A little history on me. I am 20 years old, soon to be 21 (the beginning of july) and used to eat a ton of junk food. my breakfasts usually consisted of tim hortons or a&w (close to work) as well as not eating untill i got off work or getting a chocolate bar out of the vending machine or some greasy junk off the lunch truck. now i drink a breakfast shake, eat some yogurt and have a salad for lunch everyday. in the past week i have lost about 3lbs i am very proud of myself.

I would love input for who ever has it to give!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Replies

• beebop85
    beebop85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    well done for taking the 1st step jaki! u should be proud of yourself, keep at it and you will soon feel and see the benefits of a healthier lifestyle! xxxxx
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    emotwave.gif Welcome to MFP, it's a fantastic site. Good that you brought a friend: support makes it so much easier!
  • rinagogirl
    Options
    HI Jaki! welcome to MFP!
    Good on you for wanting to make this change . Like you I am also new to this but in the past few days just looking at the calories I have been unconciously dumping into my mouth was a eye opener. I am stuck on it now . I found myself looking at the back of the bread slice nutritional facts. WOW, As long as everything is logged on I think we would be where we want to be soon. Good luck !
  • IBMDMOM01
    Options
    i AM DOING THIS FOR ME AND NOT TO MAKE ANYONE ELSE HAPPY ONLY TO MAKE ME HAPPY ..... I CAN AND WILL SUCCEED AND LAUGH AT ALL WHO THOUGHT I COULD NOT DO IT