Post your lowest calorie snack/meal ideas here

Options
13»

Replies

• McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Rice Crisps! YUM!! Nine are 70 calories, and I often do 1 1/2 servings.

Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb is 35 calories (they also make a light French Onion, same cal). For a snack I put it on 5 Keebler Red. Fat Club Crackers for 105 calories total.

I also use the laughing cow on a sandwich, in place of cheese AND a bit of margarine, so it is just bread, LCow, and meat.

Celery...I know, it's been mentioned, but I'll mention my HOW. I cut the sticks up into slices, not very thin, and put them into 1/2 cup bowls, which is like 10 calories. Why this works is it gives you the grab and munch and crunch, eating one after another (very good for car too!). Some people grab chips or candy while playing cards, this weekend I grabbed an already made bowl of celery to munch.

And yes, when I'm low on calories left and HUNGRY at night, I go for the 100 cal smart pop single serve bags.

Good idea cutting it like that. I may try next time I am craving a crunchy snack
  • McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    These are good ideas! Thanks guys! This really helps me brainstorm new low calorie ideas
  • wendimlee
    wendimlee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 30 cal packs of miso soup that are great when I just need a little something. I also have pretzel rods -- one rod is 35 cals, and I'm pretty good at restricting myself to just one. Another healthier snack is three cups of lettuce with three tablespoons of salsa and sometimes a few black olives. Very low cal and tastes kind of like a taco salad.
  • alwest0902
    alwest0902 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for Sugar-free gelatin (black cherry is my favorite). With fat free Reddi Whip. 10-15 calories depending on the brand of gelatin. Walmart brand is great!:tongue:
  • ldressle66
    Options
    I add fat free Tillimok sourcream to this salad...

I call it dog food salad which my husband hates:

Mixed green salad
    Red Cabbage
    Carrots
    green onions
    celery
    1/4 cup shredded cheese (or not)
    4 oz ground trader joes turkey meat cooked (I usually by one pound of ground turkey and fry in a non stick skillet and make four servings - but I heat meat in microwave - put on top of shredded cheese)
    1/2 cup reesers salsa
    1/4 cup fat free sour cream (tillamuk is the best)

If you want to add a few tortilla chips it adds 70 calories but without it is only 200 calories without cheese/chips and 380 with both :smile: ...

but you get really full!
  • dianebeeson
    Options
    I love bell peppers- crunchy, sweet, low calorie, and full of vitamin C! If I'm really hungry, I'll nuke a Bocca burger in a small pita with mustard. Lots of fiber! Nonfat Greek yogurt really stays with you and feels like a dessert, if you crave something sweet and creamy. Great protein! I guess what I'm shooting for is a snack that is also good for you, without "blowing" calories. Every calorie counts, so might as well make it good for you! Thanks for this topic!
  • sladams001
    Options
    Most of my snacks are about 100 calories:

Smart Pop mini bag
    medium golden delious apple
    medium naval orange
    Laughing cow light creamy swiss w/w 5 wheat Ritz
    Sensible Solutions Vegetable Straws (35 straws)
    Pretzel Sticks (50 sticks)
    1 cup of red grapes
    Blue Bell frozen fruit bars
    Yoplait light yogurt
  • anyadelfuego
    anyadelfuego Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lowest calorie snack:
    one 30g raisin - 100 Calories OR
    one medium apple

Lowest calorie meal:
    2 saschet of Diabetamill with cereal (a meal replacement for dinner) - 250 calories
    1 cup fruit (melon, apple and pineapple)
  • Teresa71464
    Options
    Bump
  • shajuan75
    shajuan75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat one laughing cow wedge with Parmesan Triscuits (7; half serving).
    Plain Greek yogurt (4 oz) with Kashi Go Lean Cereal (1/8 cup topping). Fruit, ground flax, or bran can be filling with yogurt as well.
    An apple is always a great snacking option.
    Fruit smoothie using almond milk. If you have a Nutribullet or equivalent; you can add veggies!

These options are all filling and helps keep you on track.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons hummus and some celery or carrots 80 calories or so
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Clementines....35 calories, peel and eat...perfect little snack to tide you over with little calories.
  • MrClean55
    Options
    Take 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and 1 tbsp of Agave nectar and let it thaw in the refrigerator over night........makes a great sweet snack....Agave Nectar is low Glycimic and sweeter than sugar:)
  • cutedevil86
    cutedevil86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Portobella pizzas. Just a little sauce, lots of veggies (black olives, artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic) and light amount of cheese on top. Just pop in the oven

Grilled chicken parm- layer chicken breast (trim the fat) with crushed canned tomatoes and basil and just add a light layer of cheese on top.

Asparagus wrapped in proscuitto- bake asparagus on pan coat with a little olive oil, salt, pepper- then after they are cool enough to touch wrap a little bit of proscuitto around them

I try to do light calorie and low carb ideas.
  • jeanine182
    jeanine182 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with low fat mozzarella and turkey pepperoni . Breakfast of champions
  • AinE_75
    Options
    Dark chocolate - 85% or more! I eat one square, very slowly.
  • kats3boys
    Options
    You can use individual flute pans or even a muffin pan, give them a quick wipe with olive oil,
    Use 3 pieces of back bacon and line 3 pans, mix together 2 egg whites and add what ever seasonings you like, basil, pepper etc. and fill the bacon lined cups..bake at 400 for about 10 mins.. 84 calories and 16 gm of protein, not for one, but for all 3.. for another 15 calories you can dice up some tomatoes and toss them on top.