The "Pringle Effect". Cheating Your Diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If I really feel like I need a cheat day, I just eat to maintenance. I do that probably once every couple of weeks.
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have always found it similar to what alcoholics must go through, except perhaps worse because you are constantly surrounded by food that is designed to make you want more, and sometimes people that don't understand.

I battle not eating bad foods every single day, when it is out of my system, usually 48 - 72 hours, it is so much easier.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    33981303_zpsa1315f02.jpg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yyyyyyyyyyep.

I don't have cheat days for just this reason. I know me.
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    3pqv65.jpg
  • MelSeaux
    MelSeaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... this weekend! Back on track today though.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yep. Cheated yesterday, big time. Today, it seems like "just a little chocolate" wouldn't hurt... Dangit, stupid brain!
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Did the same with chocolate on Saturday, ate a 200 gram bar straight off :explode: it wasn't even that tasty by the end :ohwell: v interesting about the msg! will take more care to look out for that altho i do try not to eat processed food it's very difficult when you're busy!
    'the pringle effect' lol love it :laugh:
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Me. Today. That is all.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Of course! It happens to everyone!

It's not how many times you get knocked down that count. It's how many times you get back up.

-David
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I "legally" give me 2 days of cheating... Sat and Sun. So those days I exercise more... so I don't feel so guilty.... but when it's pizza, or cake, or chocolate, or ribs... it's ok, as long as it's weekend! Next Mon. I am usually very good....
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    This only happens to me when I eat popcorn. I eat a paleo diet which is grain free and corn is not ok to eat, but I CANNOT resist popcorn, it's like a drug! If I eat popcorn at night while watching TV or doing something equally boring I will end up craving carbs the next day. I actually went through this today and finally threw out all of my popcorn. It's too dangerous to keep in the house. I always get back on track the next day because after a day of eating too many carbs I just end up feeling like crap.