Shakeology or Advocare?

Options
Thinking about giving one of these companies a try for a Weight Loss Shake - once a day. Wondering is one better than another or is there other companies out there that have a great shake product?
I do not care for Slim Fast or Special K shakes.
TIA!

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Bumping up...anyone use either product or another you love?
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Anyone? :wink:
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    There are a few supporters of this approach to weight loss here. I can only speak for myself but: I think learning to eat real food, prepared correctly and in sane portions is more important to me than a shake diet. I'm not going to stay on those shakes for the rest of my life so learning the right skills would benefit me better. Shakes and diet products are a quick fix, in my opinion, not a plan for the long haul.

Also, these have been the subject of numerous threads so that may be the reason for slow replies to your post.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Thinking about giving one of these companies a try for a Weight Loss Shake - once a day. Wondering is one better than another or is there other companies out there that have a great shake product?
    I do not care for Slim Fast or Special K shakes.
    TIA!

i'd rather pay somebody to kick me in the groin with pointy boots.

but that's just me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There are a few supporters of this approach to weight loss here. I can only speak for myself but: I think learning to eat real food, prepared correctly and in sane portions is more important to me than a shake diet. I'm not going to stay on those shakes for the rest of my life so learning the right skills would benefit me better. Shakes and diet products are a quick fix, in my opinion, not a plan for the long haul.

^ I agree with all of this. Also I suspect your inbox may get flooded with sales people, OP.

But either way, good luck!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Eat properly, lift weights. Thank me later.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Neither - I use whey protein powder and blend in frozen fruit, berries, peanut butter, cottage cheese, or 100% fruit juice blends.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

^ I agree with all of this. Also I suspect your inbox may get flooded with sales people, OP.

But either way, good luck!

^^^ This and it's a huge expense for what you can get out of your food and eating right.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I lift and eat a lot. Near 2000 calories a day of clean foods. I use Shakeology daily and I'm a big foodie, very into nutrition labels and am also soy-free, so the amount of foods I can eat isn't extensive. I keep my diet very clean. ShakeO is more than just protein. It's got that and more (superfoods, prebiotics, adaptagens, phytonutrients, etc...) and is my favorite post-workout meal. I eat six meals a day and yep, it's totally easier to drink one great meal on-the-go a lot of the time. It's my multi-vitamin and I haven't gotten sick in 2yrs and I have 2 little kids. I don't know a thing about Advocare.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I use Shakeology daily and I'm a big foodie, very into nutrition labels and am also soy-free, so the amount of foods I can eat isn't extensive. I keep my diet very clean. ShakeO is more than just protein. It's got that and more (superfoods, prebiotics, adaptagens, phytonutrients, etc...) and is my favorite post-workout meal. I eat six meals a day and yep, it's totally easier to drink one great meal on-the-go a lot of the time. It's my multi-vitamin and I haven't gotten sick in 2yrs and I have 2 little kids....
    In light of such a glorious testimonial, it would probably only be fair for you to disclose that you're a beachbody salesperson (or "coach", in their parlance).

As to the OP - I agree with the poster above that using meal replacement shakes teaches you nothing about good eating habits and wise food choices. I use protein shakes to supplement my protein intake, but not as a weight loss / calorie reduction tool.
  • darbobo
    darbobo Posts: 53
    Options
    Good Quality Protein shake
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Also, these have been the subject of numerous threads so that may be the reason for slow replies to your post.
    this.
  • ashleeeeanne
    ashleeeeanne Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did the advocarw 24 day challenge and the chocolate shakes are pretty good. Havent tried any other flavors though.
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Scams....make your own shakes. Spend $20 on a single serving blender at WM. I use mine daily and it makes better smoothies than my Ninja. You can get the same high quality shakes at a fraction of the cost.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    ...I use Shakeology daily and I'm a big foodie, very into nutrition labels and am also soy-free, so the amount of foods I can eat isn't extensive. I keep my diet very clean. ShakeO is more than just protein. It's got that and more (superfoods, prebiotics, adaptagens, phytonutrients, etc...) and is my favorite post-workout meal. I eat six meals a day and yep, it's totally easier to drink one great meal on-the-go a lot of the time. It's my multi-vitamin and I haven't gotten sick in 2yrs and I have 2 little kids....
    In light of such a glorious testimonial, it would probably only be fair for you to disclose that you're a beachbody salesperson (or "coach", in their parlance).

As to the OP - I agree with the poster above that using meal replacement shakes teaches you nothing about good eating habits and wise food choices. I use protein shakes to supplement my protein intake, but not as a weight loss / calorie reduction tool.

^What he said.

"I haven't been sick in two years"... it's magical! Disease and bacteria are no match against Shakeology! Oh if only the medical community knew the value of meal replacement shakes sold by MLM marketers...

They're scams. Better off just buying foods yourself and not dealing with pushy salespeople.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gimmick. Make no changes that you would not be willing to follow for the rest of your life. Lifestyle change rather than diet. Enjoy and good luck.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    If weight loss is your objective, you can do it without spending extra money on weight loss products. It really simply is watching your calorie intake, ensuring you getting in your correct macro/micro nutrients and some physical activity to help keep your lean muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Eat properly, lift weights. Thank me later.

This is the way to be! Short cuts only lead to BIG disappointments when then weight +more comes back
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    If you want to use the shakes, have at it. Just understand there is no magic to them. They are helping to create a calorie deficit which you can do with or without the shakes. As for cost, I think you would come out better getting some whey protein and making your own shakes.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit.
    Move more than you did before. (weights, cardio, etc. your choice)
    It is just that simple!!!