Looking for friends and extra motivation

Options
I've been a member of fitness pal for a couple of years now and I never really committed to it. I've been an active member now for over 20 days and I think I'm ready for this new lifestyle change. I've always been 20 to 30 pounds overweight, but I recently had a baby, so now, on top of the weight I originally needed to lose, I have baby weight to try and work off. I have managed to get off almost 50 pounds (all of my baby weight), and I'm only a few pounds shy of reaching my first goal. Right now I have 2 friends, my boyfriend (who crapped out on me the first week) and my best friend who has been sick and hasn't been on lately. I try and keep my eye on the prize and stay as focused as I can on reaching my first goal, but it's getting harder and harder without having more people to talk to and encouragement. I feel that maybe if I had friends on here, that will help me stay positive and in high spirits. So, if anyone needs an extra friend and encouragement, please feel free to add me! I always leave my MFP tab up on my computer so I'm always around.

Replies

• princessrtk
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your weight loss! I have sent you a request! : )
  • JessAilene86
    JessAilene86 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I added you!
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    Sending you a request! I've used myfitnesspal off and on over the past year but never stuck to it, because I felt like I had no support on here. Congrats on your success!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    request on the way. congrats
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request. My daughter was born the end of April, but was 13 weeks premature. The three months she was in the hospital I lived on McDonalds and hospital food, so I have a LOT to work off!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success so far, i am on here every day pretty much so i can give support and motivation to anyone who feels like they need it and i love to share in successes and all that stuff.

keep going, you're doing really well, don't lose sight of the end goal and i will happily be friends with anybody.

:flowerforyou:
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    congrats on your baby and your weight loss! i'm here if you want support!

i'm in the same situation. been on and off the site for about as long as you have been. supportive friends make a difference!
  • JessAilene86
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I look forward to seeing everyone everyday on here. It will be nice to have some friends I can follow now.
  • ycortinas
    ycortinas Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! So proud of you! I wish I had been able to lose my baby fat that easily when I had my kids. Sounds like u are really motivated. I wish I had your stamina and motivation. How did you do it with a newborn? Perhaps you can encourage me!
  • jennsteinke06
    jennsteinke06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job on your weight loss! That is quite an achievement. I understand running out of motivation. I've been doing this for 16 months now and it's hard to stay on track all the time.
  • Ellenoir80
    Options
    oh girl, let's do this thing! i need support & motivation too...and more than anything i need someone to hold me accountable. congrats on the baby!
  • JessAilene86
    Options
    I'd lie if I didn't say that breastfeeding definitely helped me lose what I have so far. Besides that, I have been slowly switching to the paleo lifestyle and that has definitely helped me drop a few as well. Whenever I have the free time I just walk. That's about all I have done so far.
  • AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Many congrats on your weightloss!!! Stay motivated youve got this!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    your baby is adorable!! :)
  • JessAilene86
    Options
    Thank you!