Spin class?

caityjean
caityjean Posts: 40
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm thinking of joining a spin class to mix up my routine a bit. For those of you who are already in one, what are your opinions? More specifically, how did it help your weight loss?

Replies

• ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    LOVE IT! The best calorie burn (for me) that I can do in a 45 minute class - I burn about 500 calores per class....SO WORTH IT! HArd, great workout!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I agree,you can burn upto around 1000 calories per hour, and its killer, but really fun.
  • I LOVEEE my spin class! As others have said, it is tough, but I look forward to it! After 4 classes, I was able to do everything right along with the instructor without having to slow down. Now, I am actually working with my schedule to get a second spin class mid-week. :happy:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I did one once and it was great, but my tush hurt really bad afterwards! I need to buy some padded shorts so I can try again.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    I :love: LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE:love: SPIN! I am a Spin Junkie LOL. way intense but SO worth it!
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    I LOVE spin! I do 2-3 classes a week and it is by far the best way to tone your bum! You seat might be a bit sore after the first class but you get used to it and I don't even notice it anymore. You gotta try it! You burn an average of 500 cals per 50 min class, but you have to continue to challenge yourself by increasing the resistance (once you are used to the class) because people adapt really quickly to spin.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Ive been doing spin for around 6 weeks now, and my bum has stopped hurting as much,you just have to push through :D.
This discussion has been closed.