Trying the Jilian Michaels 30 day shred for the first time!

Options
One of my best friend Angelat704 on here as well, told me about Jilian Michaels 30 day shred. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it whooped my butt. Today I am determined to do it again. I really would like some motivation, inspiration, advice or even suggestions. My goal within a month is to leave the 300's and get into the 200's. To be honest its been a long time since I can even remember being in the 200's. Been overweight majority of my life. Time for a change for the better and to live longer. Wish me luck! Save me as a friend

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on Feb 1. Good luck to you! You'll do great!
  • Babychris11
    Options
    It's killer, definitely gets easier I promise you and you'll love the results.

Best of luck :smile:
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. Know it won't happen overnight, but got to keep pushing. No pain, no gain. Which is true.
  • evey2005
    evey2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have that, and it was really hard on my back after about day 3. ( I have back problems anyway) So what I did is went out and got The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. There was an ad for it on the 30 day shred. It still kicks my butt, but is much easier on my joints and still burns fat and gets your heart rate going. I have been doing it for 4 weeks now. It's much easier for me to get through the 30 day shred now that I built myself up a little :) Keep up the hard work :) the first week is always the hardest but if you stick with it, things just get easier and make you feel so much better
  • treed50
    Options
    I just got that DVD as well, and will be starting it also on February 1st. Best of luck........ if you stick with it, you'll see the results. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • jericenkins
    Options
    Just got the DVD - now to find time to start it!
  • Shonja
    Shonja Posts: 50
    Options
    Today was my first day on the 30 day shred. I decided to amp up my workout because my weight loss has become stagnant. Already I am sore in places I forgot I had mucles :laugh: I had to modify some of the exercises because I was unable to do them and I took more 5 sec breaks then I could count, but I got it done and you can too! Best of Luck to you!
  • simplehijinks
    Options
    I just googled this and decided to buy it. I even have the perfect time of day to do this.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My back problems kind of made me finally decide last year enough is enough. I was in physical therapy for about 2 months and did a MRI then was told I had arthritis in my back along with a narrow path for my nerve. I couldn't take the pain no more. Thank god because now I don't wake up in the morning in pain anymore, just more motivated to start a new day on my journey for the better. I hope your back feels better and thanks for the tip :)
  • heartransplants
    Options
    I have done the Yoga Meltdown a couple times this last week, if you want to mix it up. Left me incredibly sore the next day, so it must be working! ;D Best thing, the entire video is on YouTube!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of this and can't believe the changes already! Good luck!
  • shawnaliving
    Options
    Hi Destanie,

I know the feeling, but you can do it. I used to be about 350 lbs. about 2 and a half years ago. I had gastric bypass, and I lost the first 120ish quickly. I have been teetering between 201 and 210 for awhile, and I was getting frustrated. I saw my nutritionist last week, and I got refocused. I have already dropped 5 pounds since focusing on intake and activity.

I started the Jillian Michael's Killer Abs, since most of my remaining weight is in this area. My goal is to be below 200 by this time next week, if not sooner!

It whoops butt, but I feel so good afterward!

Keep it up,
  • wisemanse
    Options
    I have been doing it for a couple of weeks and it definitely has been working! It's pretty rough but since it's only 20 minutes it makes it a little bit easier to push through knowing you wont be having to do it for hours!!
    Good luck and keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day doing it! It wasn't too bad...You gotta push yourself though!