Burning fat while sleeping

Options
For a person whose weight is the same 24 hours earlier or later and who goes to sleep 4 hours after dinner and sleeps 8 hours, his fat burning during sleep might look like an upside down bell curve, starting exactly when he goes to sleep and ends exactly when he wakes up, burning the most in the middle of the night. Yet I know people who keep losing weight in the morning, say 1 pound for the first 2 hours, just coffee on the couch in front of the TV. How can that be?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If a train leaves San Fransisco headed east at 7:24am...

Yeah, I'm not really sure I understand this question, but if you actually know someone who wakes up and weighs themselves, and then weighs themselves again two hours later then you should probably ask them to put the scale away for a while.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    If a train leaves San Fransisco headed east at 7:24am...

I was thinking the exact same thing...

I obviously do not understand the OP, because none of it makes sense to me at all. Maybe I need more coffee!
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The first link in this post might be of some help. Search for lipolysis.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817143-insulin-low-carbs-gary-taubes-and-james-krieger
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like someone's weighing themselves every two hours? I think I'd go postal and shoot my scale if I did that.
    Weight fluctuates. Put the scale away and no one will get hurt :flowerforyou:

I don't even pretend to know how my fat burn works while I'm sleeping. Too complicated. I'd much rather judge fat loss by how my clothes fit better
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have a special bed that has a scale, and it automatically weighs them every two hours while they're sleeping.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    are you talking about this?

Lipolysis-Lipogenesis1.png

Also, why not ask SideSteel in his original post?