building a beautiful butt

Options
so, i'm beginning the process of building an epic *kitten*. before i lost weight, my glutes were super muscular from years of horseback riding, but a lot of long-distance-low-resistence cardio and lack of weight training kind of killed that during the weight loss. anyway, now i've begun lifting heavy at the gym and doing a plethora of butt-beautifying workouts to the point that walking or sitting on the toilet the next day is a near impossibility. today, the soreness has finally subsided and it's time to go back to the gym and continue working on my future masterpiece.

if, in theory, i were to work as hard as i could, how long would it take to gain a very noticeably considerable amount of muscle down there? i know everyone is different and that's kind of impossible to gauge, and i'm in no real rush, but i'm curious how long it may have taken others to build their dreambutt, or what workouts seemed to be the most effective (i'm guessing squats will be the numero uno answer on that one).

include personal or motivational pictures if it strikes your fancy. i just scrolled past this butt on tumblr and it is what inspired me to create this post.

tumblr_mh98y6iz891rqlia6o1_500.jpg

for the love of butts.

Replies

• lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you guys. butts.
  • runningforlife68
    Options
    I tried building my butt...to no avail. Its a lost cause. Buying pants is an ordeal...there is nothing to help hold them up. Sitting hurts my *kitten*. I am thinking of buying a set of butt boobies instead. But to answer your question deadlifts squats deadlifts and squats. repeat.
  • mmoski
    mmoski Posts: 1
    Options
    Squats forever.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Squat until you feel your butt begging for mercy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

and deadlift.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hills.. Running hills. Biking hills. Hills.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    God bless you. Take that in a non-denominational, semi-religious, pretty much agonistic sort of way
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Romanian deadlift. You'll feel it in the morning if you did it right.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, step ups...

And if you like cardio: hill repeats on a cycle / HIIT.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

and deadlift.

Yup!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The butt is a muscle. Just like other muscles, it's difficult to gain more while dieting or even eating at maintenance. If you REALLY want to gain muscle you'll have to eat over maintenance and gain fat as well. I'd start 10% over TDEE.

Are you new to heavy lifting? If so I'd recommend something like StrongLifts. If not look into something hypertrophy specific, maybe Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I did a bulk cycle while lifting heavy. Squats , hip raises and deadlift did the trick
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I've been on a quest for glutes for a long time... I've started seeing results doing barbell squats, deadlifts and hip thrusts. It's slow but I'm seeing changes. It's not gonna happen fast.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That's a magnificent butt.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    The joke among my friends was always..what's the difference between dating a white girl and dating a black girl? If the black girl asks you 'does this make my butt look big?', your answer better be HELL YEAH!

Has this changed?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    The joke among my friends was always..what's the difference between dating a white girl and dating a black girl? If the black girl asks you 'does this make my butt look big?', your answer better be HELL YEAH!

Has this changed?

:laugh: Yes! Nobody wants a flat *kitten* these days!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The butt is a muscle. Just like other muscles, it's difficult to gain more while dieting or even eating at maintenance. If you REALLY want to gain muscle you'll have to eat over maintenance and gain fat as well. I'd start 10% over TDEE.

Are you new to heavy lifting? If so I'd recommend something like StrongLifts. If not look into something hypertrophy specific, maybe Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine.

i am fairly new to it. i'm at least past the intimidation stage and can strut into the man-infested weight room with some confidence. i do sometimes feel a little lost and like i need a better plan, so thanks for the tip!

and about the gaining muscle eating over maintenance: as you can see, i still have a lot of weight i want to lose, so i'm currently trying to eat at a deficit. but for the first few months, without heavy lifting, all my muscles kind of dissipated along with the fat and so i want to compensate for that with heavy lifting. will a high protein intake help with muscle gain if i'm still eating at a deficit?
  • Soula7475
    Soula7475 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try this bridge move on the couch: http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/9-ways-sculpt-your-body-couch?page=5

Also, Jillian Michael's has an awesome workout called "Killer Buns & Thighs" less than 30 minutes and truly a great workout. Got it for cheap at Target.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've been doing NROL4W and my butt has gotten way more bubble butt looking, I'm halfway through the program and my husband actually said something about him noticing it was looking good just yesterday.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Build that *kitten*!! I'm trying the same! Good luck!