My 4 year old asked for seconds!

Options
Joluru
Joluru Posts: 89 Member
Lunch today was "chocolate milkshake" - chocolate protein powder, berry mix, spinach, and chia seeds. Lots of nutrition in that milkshake and she loves it!

Score one for Mom!

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My kids (8 and 5) LOVE fruit smoothies for snack time! Various frozen fruits & berries (pineapple, mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, etc.) and I mix in greek yogurt, milk and spinach. Sometimes I even use popsicle moulds and freeze them.

If only my parents would have thought of healthy options when I was a kid...
  • Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My kids (8 and 5) LOVE fruit smoothies for snack time! Various frozen fruits & berries (pineapple, mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, etc.) and I mix in greek yogurt, milk and spinach. Sometimes I even use popsicle moulds and freeze them.

If only my parents would have thought of healthy options when I was a kid...

I've done popsicles with yogurt-fruit smoothies, but haven't done the protein powder, greens, and chia in a kid smoothie. I'll definitely make these into popsicles - tasty and an extra healthy boost is a yay in my book.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For my kids, I've dehydrated apple slices with cinnamon on them. They love those.
    I've mixed vanilla yogurt and frozen berries and froze them in little plastic cups with popsicle sticks in them for the summer.