Betty Crocker 80 calorie mashed potatoes!! YUM

healthymommy42011
healthymommy42011 Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
These are amazing and only 80 calories!! You can get four cheese, loaded baked potato, garlic, and homestyle reds!! There are less carbs, calories and fat than a baked potato. The serving is 2/3 cup.. so its a good amount. I am a meat and potatoes girl.. so finally you can have your potatoes and eat them too!! :) They come in a little package in the dry potato isle. ENJOY!

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    good to know!!!
    tks!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    80 calories is before they are prepared. Once you add the milk and butter it comes to around 140 calories.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    you only add water. The rest is up to you.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Good to know. I add no fat organic milk and they taste great.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334

The directions on my box of Betty Crocker mashed potatoes says to add milk and butter. I don't see alternative directions for just adding only the water.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    this sounds great!
  • on these packets.. you only add water
  • also.. it says 80 cals on the front.. its a small packet, not the box Good Luck :)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member

The directions on my box of Betty Crocker mashed potatoes says to add milk and butter. I don't see alternative directions for just adding only the water.

For a lot of boxed foods, if it says to add milk and butter....you can just use water for the milk and not add butter, I do it when I use pancake mix, and pasta/rice mixes. Which is not often these days.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    the ones that we buy are in envelopes. I actually get the Idaho potatos. they have all the same great flavors. They are 110 calories and you only add water. A serving size is 1/2 a cup. It is actually quite a bit.
This discussion has been closed.