Totally PUMPin' Fettuccine

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 129 calories, 3g fat, 639mg sodium, 19g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

It's cheesy... it's creamy... it's Totally PUMPin' Fettuccine!

Ingredients:
1 package House Foods Tofu Shirataki, Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute
1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow Cheese, Light Original Swiss
1/4 cup light plain soymilk
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp. reduced-fat parmesan-style topping
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt
dash pepper
Optional: additional salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Rinse and drain Shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid from noodles, and pat them until thoroughly dry. Cut noodles up a bit using a knife or kitchen shears, and then set aside.

In a separate dish, combine soymilk, pumpkin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Bring a small saucepan to high heat. Add chicken broth, onions, chopped garlic, and the cheese wedge half. Stirring occasionally to break up the cheese, cook until broth has mostly evaporated (2 - 4 minutes). Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook for just a minute or so, until onions and garlic begin to brown.

Next, add the pumpkin mixture. Stir until sauce is thoroughly blended and hot. Then add the sauce to your noodles, and stir well. If you like, season to taste with more salt and pepper. Then top with the parm-style topping!

MAKES 1 SERVING

***HG Alternative! Not a Tofu Shirataki lover? No problem! Make our Totally PUMPin' Fettuccine with 1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta instead! Here are the stats for that version:

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 265 calories, 3g fat, 614mg sodium, 51g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 12g protein -- POINTS® value 5*

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1370

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 129 calories, 3g fat, 639mg sodium, 19g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

It's cheesy... it's creamy... it's Totally PUMPin' Fettuccine!

Ingredients:
    1 package House Foods Tofu Shirataki, Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute
    1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow Cheese, Light Original Swiss
    1/4 cup light plain soymilk
    1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
    1/4 cup finely chopped onions
    1 tsp. reduced-fat parmesan-style topping
    1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/8 tsp. salt
    dash pepper
    Optional: additional salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Rinse and drain Shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid from noodles, and pat them until thoroughly dry. Cut noodles up a bit using a knife or kitchen shears, and then set aside.

In a separate dish, combine soymilk, pumpkin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Bring a small saucepan to high heat. Add chicken broth, onions, chopped garlic, and the cheese wedge half. Stirring occasionally to break up the cheese, cook until broth has mostly evaporated (2 - 4 minutes). Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook for just a minute or so, until onions and garlic begin to brown.

Next, add the pumpkin mixture. Stir until sauce is thoroughly blended and hot. Then add the sauce to your noodles, and stir well. If you like, season to taste with more salt and pepper. Then top with the parm-style topping!

MAKES 1 SERVING

***HG Alternative! Not a Tofu Shirataki lover? No problem! Make our Totally PUMPin' Fettuccine with 1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta instead! Here are the stats for that version:

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 265 calories, 3g fat, 614mg sodium, 51g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 12g protein -- POINTS® value 5*

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1370
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Well this is sure different! I was taken aback by the pumpkin...never would have thought to put that in fettuccine. Sounds good, though.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Same here SN. It's not much though so I'm guessing it's for the creaminess.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the creaminess. Kind of like substituting applesauce for oil. I get it now.
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Gonna have to try it. :smile: