What should I make????

Options
pamperedlinny
pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
I have acorn squash, fresh spinach, carrots, spring onion & sweet potatoes at home I need to eat in the next day or so.

Any ideas of putting those together in a yummy way?

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I made these awesome kale and sweet potato quesadillas - you could totally use spinach, too.

Sautee some chopped onion, spring onion, and garlic (you can omit the chopped onion if you have a lot of spring onion). Season with salt and pepper, add a can of drained black beans, and then the spinach. Cook til the spinach is done and set it aside.

While that's going - slice some sweet potatoes and bake them at about 350 for 20 minutes - no need to flip them. To make your quesadillas, layer the sweet potatoes, spinach/bean mix, and some flavorful cheese (i like pepper jack). in one half of a whole wheat tortilla. Fold over and put in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes until everything is hot and melty.

(I usually do this with kale, but imagine that spinach would be just fine !)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Those sound good.

Any other ideas for the rest? I always have lots of veggies and I'm always looking for new ideas.
  • anettesol
    anettesol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You could always cut the acoen squash,sweet potatoes and carrots into cubes, toss with olive oil ane roast them in the oven.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to stuff my acorn squash with mushrooms, onions and fresh sage. First you bake them until they are almost done, while they are baking sauté the mushroom mix. Stuff the squash bake for 15 more minutes and you are done.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    141019032053470545_hLldQgxl_c.jpg
    Caramelized squash salad with pistachios and goat cheese from : http://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/recipes/910220/caramelized-squash-salad-with-pistachios