are sugary puddings bad if low cal ?

Options
2»

Replies

• andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't eat them because of how highly processed and full of chemicals they are. That's my definition of "bad". Depends on what yours is.

^ this

Diddo. Since the beginning of the year I have been strictly eating clean and I have noticed anytime I do eat something "processed" which is most everything that come's prepackaged, I fluctuate and gain a lb or so, which then I have to work that much harder at to get back down. Not sure what your weight is, but since I am at a slightly higher weight for my height and age, I don't like to "waste" my hard workouts and sticking to clean eating.

If you have trouble kicking the "sweet" tooth I am preaching this technique!!! My Personal trainer gave me this tip and let me tell you, when I don't do it for consecutive days, generally around day 4 I am craving something sweet and if I have a bad day on day 4, I eat it!!

1 TBS a day of Coconut butter/oil.

It's not a very strong taste. He suggested it on toast but I prefer to put it in my protein shake as a light sweetener. He is a big perfectionist when it comes to nutrition. He is a body builder and was a spokes personal for weight watchers (which he still preaches the high dietary fiber foods rather than just low carb since the DF cancel out the carbs and you are intaking "net" carbs.) So I have extreme respect his nutritional advice, plus his body is.. OMG. Almost 0 body fat! No joke!
  • andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    question?? I have an terrible sweet-tooth...I tried to kick the sugar habit in the past..however it's not so much that I want to kick it as it is I want to stay in control..I feel the same in that eating the real thing is probably much better than eating the fake junk. Of course that is an individual thing..I struggle with this daily. In any case, as far as the coconut butter/oil... who has it..like a store that sells organic stuff, or is it in the aisle in the grocery store or vitamin supplement store? I think it's definitely worth a try..thanks:happy:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Calories are one thing, but I think you can't really live a healthy life unless you eat proper food, and processed sugar is NOT proper food. It's a chemical.

Meaningless argument. Everything is made of "chemicals", including everything you eat.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    question?? I have an terrible sweet-tooth...I tried to kick the sugar habit in the past..however it's not so much that I want to kick it as it is I want to stay in control..I feel the same in that eating the real thing is probably much better than eating the fake junk. Of course that is an individual thing..I struggle with this daily. In any case, as far as the coconut butter/oil... who has it..like a store that sells organic stuff, or is it in the aisle in the grocery store or vitamin supplement store? I think it's definitely worth a try..thanks:happy:

I have a serious sugar addiction - its no joke - the only thing that has worked for me is to go cold turkey.... as of Jan 1st I eliminated all refined sugar from my diet. I still eat fruit - probably 2 servings a day (more in the beginning) and rarely have raw honey, but to stop the cravings you just have to live with out it for a while. I also eliminated wheat at the same time... I am not sure if they are connected, but I tend to think so.