HRM calorie monitor...

Options
sooo i have been looking for a calorie counter that tells me exactly how much i have burned off during my workouts....i need help! which on is good and where can i get it! i already monitor but that only tells me how fast my heart is going and all that good stuff haha help me out ladies/gents thanks MFP! :happy:

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I finally caved in that department.. I did some research and settled on the Polar F6, pink of course :laugh: I LOVE IT! All the numbers I was using were wrong, some totally off. You get it with the chest strap, which is very comfortable and makes for a very accurate count. You put in your dob, sex, weight and heigh. It calculates the heart zone you want to be in, measures how long during the work out you were in your zone, has a diary and files where it keeps your work outs. I love it to pieces! I've really been able to up my endurance by being able to make sure I'm in my "zone" and breathing correctly to maintain!

Happy hunting!

Forgot to mention price! I paid $120 at MC Sports
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Polar F4/F6 is really popular here. I LOVE my F6.

Good luck!!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    After much research I landed on the Polar F11. Amazon had it on sale with free shipping (through a 3rd party, but I got it in 3 days!) for 99.95. It has a chest strap, which is supposed to be more accurate than contacts on your wrist, and more comfortable than the finger ones. It also uses a lot of factors - your birthday, height, weight, VO2max, and heart rate - to calculate calories burned. It sets up a workout program for you, too...how many days/week for how long each day...if you want to use that.

My other consideration was the FT7 or F6, both for around the same price as the F11 sale price (the only difference I could tell is the 7 is a newer model than the F6, and has a cloth chest strap, as opposed to plastic).
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it as well. The only reason I picked it over the F6 was because I hate pink and that's the only color they had that model in haha. I bought mine at Sports Authority for $109.