3rd week of my new life!

Options
Hello to all,
I am a 35 yo Hispanic female, I am 5 feet 4 inches tall. I currently weight 186 (have lost a total of 8 pounds in three weeks). MFP set my calories to 1200/day, so that's what I've been trying to stick to, some days I've gone over, some days I go to bed with some calories still left, but not hungry. Basically that's what I've been doing, I plan my meals, log them in, and try to stick to it, but if I get hungry, I do eat something, healthy of course.
I do eat some of the calories that I burn from exercising, which are usually from 15 minutes on an elliptical machine and whatever steps my pedometer measures for me through the day, I am a 2nd grade teacher. So I want to say that total I eat between 1300 to 1400 calories everyday. I am weighing myself every week, Monday mornings on the same scale
I am really working hard to lose weight this time, I am measuring, weighing, and logging in EVERYTHING, I've switched my beloved Coffee-Mate creamer for Almond Milk in my coffee, no more dessert every night, I'm exercising everyday. I feel great!! I have struggled with my weight all my life, name a diet, I've been on it., lost some, gained much more, I guess some of you can relate??
Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself because I am feeling a bit down since today I weighed in exactly at what I did last Monday, and I was ready to give up. I thought about dinner last night, when my family had boneless buffalo wings and french fries from Applebees, and I had fish soup (which I made and was YUMMMIII), it was awful to step on the scale and have my weight be the same. But then I started reading success stories here, and realized that I am not alone, I've lost 8 pounds in three weeks, and there's no looking back this time around for this lady!!

Keep going everyone, do not give up, we will do it :)
GG

Replies

• Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello! You sound like you are off to a great start. I have had a hard time with weight since my son was born (he is going to be 3 this year). I learned to ignore the numbers on the scale and watch your measurements. I think the reason why I failed so many times in these past few years was because I wasn't seeing the scale change.

Keep up the good work and if you need support you can always message me! =)