On the road...what to eat?!

Options
I'm doing a road trip of sorts and have no idea how I'm going to maintain eating healthily during...any ideas?! :happy:

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm doing a road trip of sorts and have no idea how I'm going to maintain eating healthily during...any ideas?! :happy:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to cottage cheese right now--eat with carrots or low fat crackers for a snack?

Have fun!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    A cooler will save your life. You can stop at grocery stores to refill it instead of fast food joints.

My word of advice: pack way more than you think you will need. Healthy snacks don't keep you full as long, and you will most likely be eating more volume than usual. :flowerforyou:
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    I just had this dillemma. Of course, if you can bring a small cooler and pack your snacks that way, that's best. I don't have one, so I opted for Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill (without top bun) and a side salad with Fat Free Honey Mustard dressing. Very filling! On the way back I must admit the craving for Taco Bell was intense, so I got one of the Chicken Soft Tacos "Al Fresco" style (meaning no cheese or sour cream) and cinnamon twists. No, that's probably not the BEST choice on earth, but an improved one. Be smart and you can still have treats! I tend to see road trips as the only time I can eat fast food since I live in a large city and am not really exposed to it any other time.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Subway and healthy snacks and drinks in a cooler.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks! That's helpful.

What you're really all saying is my self control has to be good during the period of time...hmm...help me God! I'm sure I will get through it hehe :laugh: