Introduce myself

Options
HI everyone, I'm new here. I've only been on here for almost a week now and already lost 2kgs.

I am still trying to find my way around this website.
If you have any tips on this site it would be much appreciated.
Or even any tips on how to stay focused on loosing weight.

I have tried many diets before and none have been successful.
I have also had a personal trainer before which didn't help either. All it did was thin my wallet out and not my waist.

Would much appreciate any tips and advice you have...

I wish you all the best with your weight loss/gain as well.

Kind regards

nads:wink:

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hi Nadine...welcome to MFP. This is a great first step to your new life.

My suggestions....

Food journal like crazy...learning whats in food and what it costs you (calorie wise) to eat it is vital to re-wiring your brain to eat healthy.

Dont go for any "diet" that excludes any one food source...ie no carbs, no fat, no whatever. Educate yourself on nutrition and health and find the balance in life.

Forgive yourself when you fall..its going to happen...its not the end of your story..just a side step...get up and keep going.

Remember...the weight didnt pile on overnight...its not going to come off overnight. Its a process. Take the long term view and be persistant and patient. You will have success....it may take more time than you'd like but creating a new lifestyle and attitude about heatlh and fitness takes time.

Motivation is what gets you going, but habit keeps you going...make what you're doing a habit. Do it regularly...even when you dont "feel" like it. You'll be amazed at how fast you start actually liking healthier foods, disliking fatty foods and wanting to exersize...yeah, I know...weird huh??

Thats just a few, but I wish you much success on the journey...dont give up!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Log everything that goes in your mouth~ it is even better if you log it before you eat it. Meal planning is very help too. Drink you water. Baby steps and when you can add in some exercise.
  • nadinemcavoy
    Options
    Thank you so much for your tips.

I have been writing everything down in my food diary. I do have bad days even though i may be eating less calories than the day before. WHICH is very weird. You would think that i would loose weight by eating healthier and less food than eating crap food.

Anyways I'll just keep going. I actually enjoy doing the food journal. Its helping me to understand what i am putting in my mouth.

If i eat something really bad earlier in the day and i know i dont have any colories left for dinner, i'm going for a big walk 1hr and then 20 mins atleast run. (other ppl may call it fast walking but to me its running. hehehe) Then i know that i have earned the extra calories.

I have set myself realistic target for loosing weight. only about 1kg a week. I know its not much but its better than nothing at all.
    I dont want to shock my body too much as i have tried this one before and all it did was cause my body to everything i put into my mouth. Which caused me to put on weight. Besides i love food too much.

THank you so much for your help.

I wish you all the best and you are a great inspiration to me.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool but you have to use it. As Tuscony stated, it is a lifestyle change and not a diet. You can do it!
  • jenee06
    jenee06 Posts: 4
    Options
    hello everyone,
    It's my first 10min on this site and I am already excited.
    I read through those comments and wow it helped me already soooo much. just the fact that it's actually true - this whole journal thing is sooo clever! why have I never thought about this before - crazzy me!

but actually I wanted to introduce myself. :)
    I am really really and I mean really depressed --> I have been eating healthy and working out 3-4 times a week for about 45-60min and this since January and now the surprising part --> I have not lost anything - and I mean it! this is absolutely not cool! :)

now as depressed as I was - reading through your comments you guys gave to nadine - made me look at the bright side of life - and I thought - well now is the time to shine! I got to do this now - or I will end up being fat and lazzy for the rest of my life!
    and I seriousely hope with ur moral help and this fancy food diary I could maybe really kick this thing!

so much for my introduction.
    I wish everyone a really nice evening - enjoy ur sunday night and wake up all fresh and stunningly good looking tm! :)

bisou a tous!
    jenee