I don't know how I did this....

Options
Today I went to a family gathering with the bf. There was sooo much good food there, I felt like an alcoholic in a bar! There was:
snowflake rolls with every type of cold cuts you would ever want, baked beans, scalloped potatoes, barbecue chicken, home made perogies, home made meatballs and sauce, broccoli and cheese, pigs in a blanket, chips, cookies, cupcakes.....and thats not even all of it! I had to quietly sit away from the food and force myself not to go into the kitchen, but in the end I did it! I didn't eat any of it, and I feel so proud of myself. It was a big accomplishment for me.

Replies

• SKINNYMOMOF5
    SKINNYMOMOF5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yay for you! hope i can do the same.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! i dont know how you did it either because i know for a fact that i wouldn't have been able to. Congratulations! Go buy yourself something small and rewarding because if that isnt a mini accomplishment, i dont know what is! Keep up the great work!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    Good Job, =)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
    That's some freakin will power.
    :drinker:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Great job ACarps!!! applauses.gif
  • healthymommy42011
    Options
    Good for you!! It kinda sucks, but i DREAD going to a bbq, because im afraid i will eat junk! Its easy to diet in your own kitchen
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such smart decisions!!! Proud :smile:
  • jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • epond
    epond Posts: 30
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WAY TO GO! now that is intrinsic motivation!! :
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • monice12
    monice12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thats great
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful....give yourself a pat on the back! you were definitely **focused**!!

this kind of made me think about all the family gatherings I go to, whether it is a holiday, birthday, etc. Seems like FOOD is the main subject. And, hardly any of it is healthy, Maybe a bowl of fresh strawberries, or a veggie tray. Not much for us healthier folks to eat. After reading your post it made me feel proud too, of how far I have come. Changing eating habits is not that easy for some ppl. Then I thought, what if I had a gathering and *everything* was healthy....how would the guests react? would they eat it? I am tempted to try this on my family......since this is the way I eat now. Maybe have ONE dish that is -traditionally- not healthy...like say party potatoes......hash browns, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cream of celery soup etc....I am sure it would be the first thing gone! You just wonder, WHY? What have we done to ourselves?? Altho, I still eat some of my favorites in moderation, but my diet has been overhauled in a better way.

Thanks for sharing....Easter is coming, and so is BBQ season!
  • tsherwin
    tsherwin Posts: 8
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! definitely not an easy feat! Here's a tip though to everyone....why not bring a dish to share that you made ...that way you know what's in it and can make it as healthy as you need (the others need it healthy too, they just won't acknowledge it!)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I had a mini accomplishment last night at a hockey game. I didn't buy cotton candy or popcorn or SODA. I did give in to the soft pretzel. We went to buy it and they were OUT so I didn't get to eat it and secretly, I was realllly glad. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!