apple cider vinegar

Options
I have heard for awhile about how helpful it is to have 2 T daily. I tried drinking it-couldn't handle it!! I am thinking about putting it over cold green beans.(maybe with onions) Anyone have any low-calorie ideas on how to incorporate it, other than over lettuce or a salad. Thanks!

Replies

• healthymommy42011
    Options
    they have apple cider vinegar tablets, I take 2 a day
  • noseovertail
    Options
    Take it in a glass of water, adding 1 or 2 T of raw honey to it.
  • kelleycochrane
    Options
    What are the benefits of adding apple cider vinegar to your diet?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I can't even stand the smell of vinnegar. If I had to take the stuff, I would take it in pill form, which is regularly available at your local natural foods store
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    What are the benefits of adding apple cider vinegar to your diet?

I hvae heard it can be great for quite along list of things. You can google it, and people claim it cures or helps all kinds of ailments, and can help with weight loss. I tried it for a couple weeks once, drinking it with hot water and honey, but I just couldn't grow to like it and wasn't seeing any benefits. Maybe I didn;t give it enough time.

Would be interested to hear from anybody here who can say it has definitely helped them with something/anything.
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What's with the apple cider?
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    What's with the apple cider?

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

:drinker:
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the website, guess where i'm going tomorrow? Trader Joes to buy organic apple cider!!! :drinker:
  • noseovertail
    Options
    Make sure you get organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it. Bragg's brand is the best!
  • GiggleGoddess
    GiggleGoddess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try Apple Cider Vinegar...maybe it's time to try it! I've always loved the smell of the stuff. I also have to look for ThinkTHIN bars tomorrow as well...I heard they are good for after working out. http://www.thinkproducts.com/thin-bars.php
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I love it on my hard boiled eggs (whites only!) don't think I get 2 spoons a day but I put a little bit in soups too.
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Thanks for giving me more ideas!! I tried it in water today. I used 2 teaspoons instead of T. I put it in my 64 oz. bottle. Very diluted!!Some site said 2 T may be too acidic......I like the smell....reminds me of coloring Easter eggs! It is hard to know what is good-pros and cons....I don't see too much harm in trying this. Mine isnt' organic-is that a major deal???
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    I took it for a while, but i didn't feel the "amazing" effects that I read... however, I do still use it as a toner... I dilute it with water and put it on my face with a cotton ball : )
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Take it in a glass of water, adding 1 or 2 T of raw honey to it.
    I DO THIS TOO!! Tastes like Apple Cidar!! SO YUMMY!! Sometimes I like to heat up the water a little on the stove (no kettle...) and then add it to the honey to make it melt a bit, and then add the ACV. (Be careful not to make it too hot, and kill all the good stuff in the ACV!) :wink:
    Make sure you get organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it. Bragg's brand is the best!
    noseovertail... You're just full of good information, aren't you?

ACV is good for everything! I especially enjoy drinking it when I have a sore throat. It feels like I'm killing the cold when I swallow cause of that little feeling you get as it goes down. :laugh:
  • tbirdie1
    tbirdie1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I add it to a bowl of cut up cucumbers and pepper. It is delish!