Sugar

Options
Does/should natural sugar apply to your sugar allowance? Mine says I should have 33 g of sugar per day, but when I tracked a small apple today, it said it had 11 grams of sugar in it. If I am eating a lot of fruits and veggies throughout the day, I'll definitely go over the sugar allowance. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice?

You shouldn't have a "sugar allowance."
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in the minuses everyday, and sometimes by a LOT. But a major portion of it is natural sugars (fruits) so I ignore it now, but the lower the little red number, the better :P obviously sometimes my "allowance" goes up to 55 but I prefer the RDA on food packages which says 90g ;)
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I seem to go over alot mostly fruits...but I actually looked up a low glycemic list and realize I am not as good as I thought.
  • CJforMe
    CJforMe Posts: 17
    Options
    OK, glad to know I'm not the only one who goes into the red on that!
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugar from my dairy/fruit/veg as part of my allowed grams. I only count the small added amount in my organic cereal and singular organic lollipop I have each day.
  • DebbieJohan
    DebbieJohan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also having a problem with this area. I do not add any sugar to my diet which mainly consists of salads (no dressings) and vegetables with fish or chicken. I noticed that apples were high in sugar and so stopped eating these, I found bananas much better and also filled me up for longer. As I do not want to "go in the red" at all I have found that I am not eating my daily calories (1200) because anything that I choose has sugar in it albeit mostly natural sugars, it still mounts up. I am not going hungry at all but I would like to be able to use up my daily calorie goal as I do not want my body to go into hunger mode. I would be very interested to find out how other people have overcome this. Apart from this little gripe I have found this app fabulous, and have managed to get a couple of my friends on this too :smile: