P90X Fat Man - Phase 2!

Options

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just finished a pretty weak round of Core Synergistics, lol. I'm not sure why, but it really kicked my butt today. I still averaged a 142BPM heart rate which means a 699 calorie burn, but at the end I was seriously toast.

But that's ok. I know I'm still improving. For instance I'm using weights now on the put-stuff-on-a-shelf exercise, and I did two prison cell pushups.

But the best thing I did was that I made a choice to work out today, to be fit for today.

CardioX tomorrow! I'm getting really close to halfway!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bump so i can follow
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. You can do it
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    P90X and the like are excellent for reaching goals. The important part is to keep a reasonable pace (not too light, but not too agressive) and then simply consistency.

Great work.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up your hard work. :)
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!! You're doing so well!!!
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your posts are inspiring! My sister has done p90X and I was thinking about it, but the cost is a bit too much for the wallet to bear right now. Your posts are, however, keeping me motivated to keep doing JM30DS and even more motivated to get my gym's childcare packet finished so I can use their daycare while I do yoga.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks to your posts, I started p90x last week, I'm on week 2 of phase one and I'm sticking to the mantra of "do your best, forget the rest".
    Even if I can only do one rep, that's one rep more than I did yesterday! Thanks for being a star.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks to your posts, I started p90x last week, I'm on week 2 of phase one and I'm sticking to the mantra of "do your best, forget the rest".
    Even if I can only do one rep, that's one rep more than I did yesterday! Thanks for being a star.
    Aww, that's so awesome! Yeah, that's how you do it, just keep at it!
  • harlychic
    Options
    Great way to get it done....do it for yourself yeah!
  • harlychic
    Options
    I agree
  • paulinegrant01
    paulinegrant01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can follow you!! Great job and very motivational!! :smile:
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Just finished a wonderful CardioX! My pause times are improving!! I can get through two or three sets now without pausing. Still skipping the Dreya Roll, but I'm doing everything else pretty much without modification!

I really felt the burn today. Also I think I've figured out how to help my weak runner's pose on the right side. I noticed when doing swing kicks that my left leg could go higher than my right. That's pretty much the same muscles as kicking your leg up into runner's pose. So I tried really getting my leg up on those and really felt it there. So, maybe that'll help.

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps tomorrow. I love that routine. Also the workout will probably be a little later in the day because I'm picking my family up at the airport in the early afternoon, and that's a two hour drive one way.

Choose fitness each day!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew! Got it in. It's been a long day, picking up my family from the airport and a lot of adjustments. But I still was able to get my Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout in.

I really had a great time. I still struggle with the push-ups, but I was able to match or sometimes exceed my reps, even though I'm still doing counter push-ups. I'm getting there.

I'm doing very well on the weight lifting routines. I'm able to push myself to failure in most cases somewhere between 8 and 12 reps.

I also need to pick up some 15 pound weights. I've got some 8's and some 20's and I need something in between.

Looking forward to yoga tomorrow!!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to say your thread is very motivational and I am also doing P90X. I am in the 'rest' week (Yeah right) after the first 30 days and Monday starts Phase 2. I love this program and it is kicking my butt as it should but fitness is the goal and a better me too :O)

Love to read your posts and see your triumphs and struggles. We all have them and some days are better than others but you are doing amazing stuff and love to see it.

Keep it up and feel free to add me if you like.

Mike
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I am in the 'rest' week (Yeah right)
    Haha! Yeah, I know how that goes. Stick with it! You've got this!

YogaX today. First time doing it with people watching me. My wife was being a bit of a backseat driver, lol. And the kids were under feet a bit, but not too bad.

I'm getting better at the strength section. I had to take a break twice because of my HRM this time. Maybe that's because of the change of schedule. But my form was pretty strong this time. The standing poses were still quite shaky.

The balance section was ok, but I still struggle a lot there. But I'm getting there. :)

Legs and Back tomorrow!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    How are you doing? How was Legs and Back? That's my least favorite (Legs) to work out. I'm more of the upper body but I know it has to be done...

Did Xstretch yesterday and now today it is Core Synergistics again...BRING IT!!!

Then it is on to Phase II on Monday. I'm down 15 lbs since when I started though...I can see my abs a little and arms and shoulders are developing nicely.

I hope you are doing well and kicking some bootay today!!
  • harlychic
    Options
    Its such a wonderful feeling getting stronger