Wedding and family

Hey All,

I started using mfp about 18 months ago and had fabulous success. Then I was in a bad relationship and lost motivation. Followed by an awesome relationship and feeling comfortable. On top of that I sprained my ankle/tore my calf muscle this summer and was laid up for almost six weeks. During this time I managed begrudgingly so to gain almost all of the fifty pounds I had lost. I now am in a happy relationship and getting married. I want to start a family soon after getting married and always promised myself I'd be in top physical shape before undertaking this challenge- both to make it easier to concieve and to keep up with the kids. My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds but I would prefer up to 70 before I get married- tentative date is Oct 4, 2014. This goal is very achievacle even though sometimes I think of trying to take the short cut of cutting down to 1200 calories for a couple months. But I need to stick to calorie tracking- which might be realistically something that I need to do for the rest of my life. I think accepting that fact is half the battle. I also am going to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and see what happens. I have joined the gyms numerous times and love going but it seems like gets in the way and my gym buddy always backs out! Anyway I was just looking for some motivation/ advise. I had an awesome time doing a challenge when I first started mfp and would love to do one again if anyone has any heads up for that I would appreciate it.

Replies

• Hi! Welcome back and congrats on your upcoming wedding! : ) I'm getting married in May, so I totally know how you feel.

I was in the same boat as far as going to the gym and having a buddy. My buddy ended up with knee surgery....I tried to keep going but lost the motivation. Since then I have been working out at home, using MFP and drinking Shakeology with great results. If you need someone to help keep you accountable I will totally be there for you! Add me!
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Thanks!