Lemon, cucumber, and mint water

Options
Has anyone tried the lemon, cucumber, and mint water detox? I just recently started dieting and I'm doing a pretty good job as far as eating healthier and smaller portions. I do drink a lot of water throughout the day as it is but I'm wondering if I should add this in to my daily consumption as well. I read somewhere that this water actually helps you detox and lose weight a little faster. Has anyone tried it? What do you think about it?

Replies

• currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the "detox" aspect, but it sounds tasty and if that gets you to drink more water then I say "do it"!

I would prefer water with lemon OR cucumber OR mint, but all together might be nice? I have been sipping hot water with lemon lately now that it's cold out and I really enjoy that.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it for detox but I do LOVE cucumber mint water especially in the summer! It's so refreshing that you just keep drinking which might help flush you out! Give it a shot! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • julieann89
    julieann89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll definitely try it out!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It is a common sort of concoction at many spas, and while I doubt any claims of detoxification, it is quite refreshing. And as long as you aren't trying to replace actual food with it, theres no harm. And EAT the cucumber slices when you are done with the water. The are pretty tasty after soaking in there.