Bigger containers Greek yogurt?

Options
I eat Greek yogurt everyday (Oikos 0% plain). It's frustrating that it comes in such a small container. Does anyone know of any brands that come in a bigger container size?

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Chobani has 32oz containers.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have seen bigger containers of nearly every brand. It might just be that the store you're going to doesn't carry them (I have a few stores I shop at, but our local one doesn't carrry a lot, only the Greek Gods brand).
    I love Chobani, and Dannon. I like Greek Gods. I HATE the Yoplait version. Ech.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt everyday (Oikos 0% plain). It's frustrating that it comes in such a small container. Does anyone know of any brands that come in a bigger container size?
    I make a gallon of mik into yogurt every week in the crock pot by saving about a cup back as a starter.
    Cheap cheap cheap. Lots of recipes on the web.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Can pick up the 32 ounce containers @ wal-mart. best place I have seen.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i almost always buy fage in 35.3 oz containers..ive seen them at safeway and at costco..
    i know the grocery store has other brands around that size but i prefer Fage
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods also has the 32-oz size.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have seen bigger containers of nearly every brand. It might just be that the store you're going to doesn't carry them (I have a few stores I shop at, but our local one doesn't carrry a lot, only the Greek Gods brand).
    I love Chobani, and Dannon. I like Greek Gods. I HATE the Yoplait version. Ech.

Yep, Greek Gods. The honey flavor is better than ice cream. I would mainline that stuff if I could. :wink:
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Costco has a massive container of Fage...
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you're right, they just don't sell big containers in Canada. Sucks!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining about his yesterday at the grocery store. Why can't they do a "tub" like they do butter. 48- 50 or so ounces would be much better than the 32 - 34 ouncers. Frustrating!
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Costco has a double large container of their Kirkland brand greek yogurt too. It's a good tasting yogurt, I usually buy the large containers of Fage at Target when I can't make it to Costco.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Fage has the big size. And to me- it's the best brand overall anyway.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Costco has a massive container of Fage...

For reals!!! My fave!!! Now I need a Costco card dang it!
  • stgmanitoba
    Options
    Are tha brands you are talking about come in 0% plain Greek yogurt of that size? I have seen flavored but I only like plain 0%. I'll have to check out Walmart here in Canada, it sounds like the states has more variety.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is the BESTTT and at BJ's they either have a 12 pack with the mix in fruit for about $11 or the giant tubs of it for around $5-7 depending on where you shop. Amazing stuff!! Try the Fage 0% with the fruit mix-ins, mix in the fruit- then plop the spoon in the yogurt and freeze it--- makes some bangin (and protein filled, and fat free!) popsicles!!
  • A_nori
    A_nori Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have bought it from Sobeys when I am doing lots of cooking with it. I have never looked elsewhere, but try Walmart if your Sobeys doesn't carry it. They have a good selection of Greek yogurt most of the time.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fage has the big size. And to me- it's the best brand overall anyway.

Ditto.

:D
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Costco has a double large container of their Kirkland brand greek yogurt too. It's a good tasting yogurt, I usually buy the large containers of Fage at Target when I can't make it to Costco.

I love the Kirkland Greek yogurt and it's one of the lower sugar brands too. To me it tastes like sour cream so mixes well with lots of things.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options

I love the Kirkland Greek yogurt and it's one of the lower sugar brands too. To me it tastes like sour cream so mixes well with lots of things.

Oh I do that too, I use greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream all the time! And Kirkland has a really good taste/texture in that way, but Fage is pretty good too. Those two brands are my faves!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    You can also strain your regular yogurt to make it thick like Greek. That's all Greek is- yogurt with the liquid drained off.

Use a strainer with cheesecloth or a nylon stocking to strain - takes about an hour or two per 48 oz tub.