40+, 4 yr old son, SAH Mom, looking for support

Options
Hi,
I recently started using MFP again. I am in my 40's and have a 4 year old son. I am at my prepregnancy weight but I would like to lose 20 more pounds. I am learning what tools MFP has to offer. I think if I had people to look forward to receiving messages from and people I can bounce ideas off of that will encourage me to continue. I have been journaling what I have been eating since January 2 and it seems to keep me on track. What tips do you use to stay motivated?
Amber

Replies

• Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just started MFP. I'm a SAHM, 40+ and my son will be 3 in April. :) I'm tracking my exercise, but I have a hard time taking time to track my food. Consistency with exercise is most important to me, but we are changing the way we eat, too. We're having more veggies, more salads, eating quinoa, and I'm trying to meal plan. Drinking more water is also a goal of mine. We should chat some time!
  • adriayn
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new to MFP (3 weeks), too. Once I started keeping track of my food, I was amazed and not in a good way! I've made many of the same changes: more fruits/vegs, discovering new whole grains (love quinoa!) and I definitely don't drink enough water. I'm working on it.

The thing that motivated me was turning 45. I realized that it's only going to get tougher to exercise and lose weight as I get older...so, I'd better start now!
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I understand all too well. I found MFP about 6 mos ago and have using it consistantly to track my calories (good and bad days) and exercise. It is encouraging to see that I have gradually increased my exercise over time, and can even say that I often times look forward to exercise :-) I don't know about ya'll, but I want a quick fix, and I finally have come to the understanding that even a .5 loss is still a loss, or the fact that it took me 3 weeks to lose all that I had gained over the month of December is still ok.

Good luck to us all!