If you still choose to eat less than 1200 calories a day...

Options

Replies

• Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I can testify to having expeienced gallstones, hair loss and loss of my period following a VLCD.

Jon Snow would say such a thing
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well said, my mom made herself really sick doing that same thing. She ate 600 calories a day and walked 6 miles. She lost weight and her hair. She struggle with her weight every since.

I eat 1700 cal a day and exercise, I feel great and always have energy.

Calories are not that enemy. There is not short cuts in weight loss.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    bumb
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Look! A dead horse appears!
  • millipedey
    Options
    Im not sure why you feel the need to vent?? Why does what somebody else eats affect you in any way?? Surely the only food intake you need to be concerned about is your own?? Unless that person has specifically asked for your help. Surely we all have the right to choose what and how we eat:ohwell:

^this, exactly. People have different reasons and different needs and judging and getting irritated about what other people do is pointless.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just saying, I am SO SICK AND TIRED of seeing these posts.

Yes, Some people do it unhealthy. If they bother you, bump them off your friends list. You *****ing about it isn't going to change them and SOME PEOPLE ARE ON DOCTOR CONTROLLED DIETS IN WHICH THEY EAT LESS THAN 1200. Welcome to the life of morbid obesity.

Get off your goddamn high horses already.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Im not sure why you feel the need to vent?? Why does what somebody else eats affect you in any way?? Surely the only food intake you need to be concerned about is your own?? Unless that person has specifically asked for your help. Surely we all have the right to choose what and how we eat:ohwell:

Agreed! This is one of the reasons I have my diary set to private! What I eat or don't eat in whatever quantities I decide is MY choice. This is such a personal issue. In my opinion, anyone undertaking any weight loss program should consult a doctor to see what is healthy FOR THEM. So sick and tired of all of the "experts" on MFP that decide for you that what you are doing is wrong. I rarely eat all of my calories. I never eat back exercise calories. In fact, I don't even log my exercise. My doctor knows exactly what I'm doing because I keep him in the loop. I had routine blood work done before I started and once since and I'm very healthy. What works just fine for one person may not work for another. It's about personal responsibility. And you know what? When you're doing something that doesn't work, you find out fast enough!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This is one of those posts....
    MW1_zps0bc774ff.gif
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I agree its funny how all ranting know alls are lego heads who are unable to download a picture to their profile.
    Its always a lego head moaning seeking advice then objecting to every single bit of advice.
    This is the last time I read a lego heads posting!!!!:mad:
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just saying, I am SO SICK AND TIRED of seeing these posts.

Yes, Some people do it unhealthy. If they bother you, bump them off your friends list. You *****ing about it isn't going to change them and SOME PEOPLE ARE ON DOCTOR CONTROLLED DIETS IN WHICH THEY EAT LESS THAN 1200. Welcome to the life of morbid obesity.

Get off your goddamn high horses already.

Well said!
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I try to eat 1200 and I think I do, but after entering my food it is under. Not hungry either. What am I to do? I wish I fully understood what my body needs to lose weight properly without having to go to a dietician.

Maybe that's when you need to incorporate some full fat/calorie cheese, or real mayo/avocado instead of light, healthy oil instead of light margarine, full fat salad dressing, natural nut butter, etc. I am not saying you need to start eating poorly, but there are tiny adjustments you can make. If you are having trouble getting in your 1200 calories because you are "full" then take a look at what you ARE eating and see what you can sub.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This is one of those posts....
    MW1_zps0bc774ff.gif

^^^Hahahaha!!
  • lala_hohl
    Options
    Everyone on MFP should read this. :flowerforyou:

totally agreed. I hate doing my 1800 calories and seeing in other's diary that they made 800 calories. I feel like I could have eating less and I don't want that... I want to be healthy =)
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I don't judge under 1200, but I cringe when I see posts like, "I'm only allowing myself 500 calories a day until I lose 10 pounds. At nearly 200pounds, I sometimes eat 1200-1300, so I can easily see how someone smaller could be full off less, but there's a point when it becomes dangerous because of either purposely going hungry or just not eating enough to get needed nutrients.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Maybe because the OP wants to help people avoid known pitfalls? A little thing called empathy?

I realize I sometimes come off as a born-again-evangelist. I used to follow very low calorie, and have "seen the light." Losing weight with a small to moderate deficit was much easier in every way than following low cal.

I lost weight both ways, but low cal not only trashed my body, leaving me a lot of excess body fat, but my self-esteem. I couldn't understand why weight loss was so slow and so hard. I was eating to lose 2 pounds a week, and barely losing a half pound every other week. I thought there was something wrong with me or that I lacked discipline, that my metabolism was shot because I was "getting older" (in my mid 30s at the time) and that I had to cut calories even MORE to lose.

On a moderate deficit, weight loss wasn't slow. I lost what I was supposed to lose. When I was aiming for one pound a week, I lost one pound a week on average. When I was closer to my goal and aiming for a half pound a week, that's what I lost, too. It was a relief to know my body was functioning properly! And since I was fueling my body properly, I lost more fat and retained more muscle.

The bottom jeans are the size 8s I wore at 130 pounds about 6 years ago when I lost weight eating about 1000 calories or less a day. The top jeans are the size 5s (in juniors, I'm a 2 or 4 in misses) I wear now at about 135 eating about 2300 calories a day.

IMG_3265.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752778-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options

*high five*

I worry about what I put in my mouth...and that's about it. I don't spend a single minute worried or venting about what someone else on an internet message board chooses to eat.

This...and this. Once someone else starts to play such a huge role in YOUR life (to the point you write a long post most wouldn't bother to read) you're doing too much. Concentrate on you and let those you don't approve of learn from experience. Its not hard I promise.
  • bexbucktown
    Options
    I am eating healthy and still maintain the 1200 calories per day...I work out after breakfast and then again before dinner...so the healthy food I eat fills me up just fine...oh and I drink two bottles of water before each meal...I am moving towards my goal which is to be healthy and change my life style which now includes workouts on the treadmill..walking instead taking the bus, Tai Chi in the mornings and Wii workouts......all this from having Lupus too.....I feel your sabotaging yourself instead of looking at all the goods things you can add to your daily healthy living and just have become bored with it........try to turn it around....and keep going with positive outlooks..for every positive action you'll get positive reactions.......but that's just me...and my outlook.....:-)
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat 1100 calories today just to piss off OP. I can be SO BRAVE too.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Everyone on MFP should read this. :flowerforyou:

^^^agreed!

And I always tell people, you might be at your calorie goal (or under), but your body is NOT liking all that processed crap and sugar. For the most part, a calorie is a calorie, but spikes in blood sugar for example changes everything AND how your body FUNCTIONS!

So what do ppl do? Cut their calories even more, still eat the same crap but LESS of it and wonder why they aren't losing wt. And IF by chance they ARE losing wt, it comes right back!