I need a goal! Help me!

GreenieBean
GreenieBean Posts: 64
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I see everyone has these mini goals and I want to set some for myself. I am really not sure how to come up with one lol. I am currently 191 aiming to be 150 by who knows when. So i was thinking about setting a goal for May 8th. My boyfriend's birthday and Graduation from college...plus Mother's day that Sunday! All his family will be in town and we will all be celebrating and I want to look good! What do you think is a realistic, yet challenging goal for myself from now till then? 15? 20? 25? I have no idea! Please Help!

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    How much of a challenge do you want? I'd aim for 10-15. No more than that at ALL. I'd suggest going with 10... if you lose more, that's fab, if you trip up on the way, you can recover, get back on track, and still make the goal.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    :flowerforyou: The most important goals to set for yourself are to stay within your calories, add more exercise, drink enough water, and improve the nutrition of what you eat........if you do that, you'll lose weight.........losing a pound and a half a week is a realistic goal now and the closer you get to your goal, you'll lose only a pound or half a pound a week. :bigsmile:
  • I think realistically most people can lose about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. a week without being unhealthy. I think you should shoot for about 10 lbs. and anything over will be a bonus! And then you will be a quarter of the way to your ultimate weight goal.
  • Thank you! I made my goal 12 pounds. I have lost 2 so I need 10 more by may 8th! Thanks again for your help!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Have a gift ready for yourself if you reach it. A clothing item, make-up, get a massage from a friend, etc. Always adds incentive!
  • ooo yeah good thinking!
This discussion has been closed.