Need a Friend

Options
Just getting started and this is my first true attempt to get rid of all of this!

Replies

• ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great place for getting encouragement in this lifestyle change! I've been at it for 20 days now and have lost 4 lbs...I have gotten lots of great tips and advice through this site. If you have any questions, just ask...people are really willing to help out! Great job on wanting to better yourself! Glad to have you along on this journey!
  • keeno67
    keeno67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Look around, get comfortable and with a little motivation you will accomplish your goal/goals. Welcome.....:smile:
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    This is a great and addictive site (in a good way!). My biggest motivation for joining this site is when I heard the following statistic: People who journal their food lose, on average, twice as much weight as those who do not. And people who continue to food journal after losing weight are at least twice as likely to keep it off.

Take full advantage of the site and with a little self motivation, you'll do great!
  • keeno67
    keeno67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the journaling info....very interesting.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    And Journaling is the way to go !!! I have been working out for 2 yrs and finally started to write things down in Feb.. getting serious about what i was eatting.. ive lost 10lbs already.. It might take a lilttle getting used to it but just stick with it.. We all make our mistakes but tomorrow is a new day!! a fresh start... Good Luck on your journey!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome

I have only been here for five days and love this site. It is a challenge losing weight but keeping tabs on what you are eating daily and seeing those calories add up was an eye opener for me.
    Good luck to you..... you will do well
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the place to be! :drinker: Here is to the new healthier you!