Fairly new to the site !

Options
Hello All

I joined this site about a week back after finding the app on my Iphone, and I LOVE IT ! just wish I had known about it sooner.

A am 46 yrs old and have had a constant struggle with my weight all my life (Typical yo yo !)

But I hit rock bottom 3 years ago when my father died, I went from approx 10 stone to 16 stone in under a year ! I to be honest at the time, I just did not care how I looked as I felt so dreadful.......The crunch came when I had to go to the doctors and she put me on the scales..............16 STONE YIKES !!!! the fact the she also told me I was verging on being obese, shocked me to the core .

Since then I have managed to get down to approx 14 stone, but then lost the motivation, until my partner broght me a WII Fit for my birthday earlier in the month, a godsend as i was too concious of my weight to go to a gym.

I am now determined to get back to approx 10st 7lb with the help of this site and my WII Fit. I love reading all the success stories on here, hopefully I will be one of them aswell soon (ish) oh and to beat my addition to Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps (grab bag size)

So my pledge is that I am going to do this for my Dad and for every pound that I lose I will donate a £1 to St Rapheals Hospice, who cared for my Dad at the end............

Pleased to meet you all X

Lorraine

Replies

• Carakkm
    Carakkm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Glad you have found this site, it is fantastic and people are so supportive. It really does help logging all your calories, you will be surprised at how quickly they add up, it certainly makes you think about what you eat and drink. Wii fit is brilliant, makes it fun too, I am not a fan of the gym, so have started walking alot more, plan to try and turn it into running when I build up my confidence that no one is watching all mywobbly bits as I run!

I am sure you will soon be shedding those pounds knowing you are doing so for such a worthwhile cause.

Keep us updated and let us know how you are getting along, all the good and bad.
  • wendye1
    wendye1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to be healthier! This is a wonderful support for weight loss; I have used it for 2 weeks now and it makes the lifestyle change so much easier. I quit smoking the end of February and went from no exercise to exercising AND being accountable for what I was eating. You just have to be ready to commit, and read the forums on those days with little willpower....
    I'm sure your Dad would be proud of you.
    Thanks for your introduction; best of luck!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here and the support you are going to get from MFP is amazing! :drinker: Here is to the new healthier you!