Best type of bread to eat while trying to lose weight

Options
So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat? I would use the bread to make a chicken or turkey sandwich.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat? I would use the bread to make a chicken or turkey sandwich.

Whatever bread that you like to eat and that fits in your cals and macros
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I always eat 100% Whole Wheat bread. Whatever they make fresh in store.
  • lkassel27
    lkassel27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like making a wrap from Bibb Lettuce instead of bread. No Carbs/glutin. Place wax paper or sheet of plastic wrap down first, place the lettuce down then rest of the ingredients. Wrap rolling the leaves then wrap the wrap (pun intended)
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options

Whatever bread that you like to eat and that fits in your cals and macros

^^^ This
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    One that you like. Whole wheat is good for you, but if you really don't like it...that's ok. Pita breads are tasty and low in fats...try those!
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sandwich rounds have 100 calories for both sides of the sandwich, instead of about 100 calories per slice. I think they have more taste than plain bread. I personally only eat 100% whole grain breads, which are made by all brands of sandwich rounds.

Really healthy? Three breads are made not just with whole grain flour, but with whole grains themselves: Ezekiel bread, sprouted wheat bread, and corn (not wheat!) tortillas.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    I like Newmans Own 100% whole wheat bread. 50 calories a slice and soft
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    My favorite is Ezekial 4:9 bread!!!!! Very good.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would suggest actual bread. You only need flour, water, salt, and sometimes a dash of this or that.. not long lists of ingredients that contain things that sound like a science experiment! Try your local farmer's market this spring?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Look up "Joseph's bakery" brand bread. I use the oat bran, flax, whole wheat lavash and it's only 100 calories and 10g of protein. I limit carbs, too and it's only 8g net carbs.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Try Dave's Killer Light bread. Only 65 to 75 calories per slice (depending on type) and lots of fiber.
    Also, maybe try a wrap with a tortilla. The Tortilla Factory makes a kind with 80 cals each and I think 12 g fiber.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use Sarah Lee whole wheat 45 calories and delightful. It's 45 calories per slice and, uh, delightful. It's not too substantial or filling, but it does the job.
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I make my own with oatmeal instead of flour wih flax & chia seeds, yum lovely!
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    publix has low calorie bread its 80 calories for 2 slices...its not bad either
  • twm1010
    Options
    I'd say Julian Bakery's gluten-free varieties... but then again... I don't eat bread so your mileage may vary.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try Dave's Killer Light bread. Only 65 to 75 calories per slice (depending on type) and lots of fiber.
    Also, maybe try a wrap with a tortilla. The Tortilla Factory makes a kind with 80 cals each and I think 12 g fiber.

I second both of these. I love the Dave's Killer breads, the labels have pronounceable ingredients and the 21 grain is really good toasted with pb&j.
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally myself I eat a grainy bread. Although if we are out I will treat myself to a slice of white bread. I have recently gotten onto sprouted grain bread which I have found leaves me a bit fuller than normal bread.

I try to limit my amount of bread consumption by having once slice of bread instead of two. (one slice works out at about 90 calories.)Mountain bread which has only about 70 calories is great alternative I wrap my fillings in that instead of having two slices of bread.

But at the end of the day it isn't worth eating something if you really don't like it. If you really want white bread just limit it to one slice if you want to stay low in calories and carbs.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it can be qualified as the best but I've been eating Pepperidge Farms 15 grain bread. I stay full longer if I have a sandwich with it instead of the white stuff. It's 100 cals a slice though, so you have to plan for it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What are you food goals? Organic? No high fructose corn syrup? Low calorie? Whole grain? Gluten free? Low carb? High fiber? Sprouted?

If you don't have a specific food goal like that, just find a bread that you like and fits in your calories and macros for the day. Then nom the heck out of your sandwich.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I used to just eat Finn Crisps because bread used to make me feel bloated and sick.

However, now that I have lost the weight I eat whatever bread I like as long as I don't go over my carb allowance. Today I had a cheese twist, two slices of white bread and a french stick and I don't feel bloated at all.