Looking for a HRM!!

I'm looking for a HRM for the first time.. I'm tired of not being able to input my calories burned accurately.

I'm looking for one that is pretty easy to use and isn't that pricey.

I also heard that a chest strap is better than a watch?

I need all the suggestions I can get! Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• tamara_1982
    tamara_1982 Posts: 3 Member
    I use the Polar FT4, it has a chest strap and is easy to use. You can find it on Amazon for under $70! I love it and the fact that I can now accurately track my calories!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    I just bought my first one and had the same demands :smile:
    It needed to be a chest strap and besides heart rate, tell me calories burned. I ended up with a "Timex Wellness" and it was $70. It didn't take but 10 minutes to get it figured out and set up and I am not able to better log my jogging. Do keep in mind though that even though it gives you a calorie burned reading, it's still never considered 100% accurate.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Highly recommend the Polar FT4. Just a note that Timex products are known to not be accurate for women.
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    My husband bought me a Polar FT7 for Christmas. Love it and very easy to use.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    I love my Garmin ForeRunner 405. I like it for the GPS because it tells me the exact distance I have run/walked/hiked/biked. I also like it because everyone has the Polar at the gym and if you get too close to someone with your same HR monitor watch (like running next to them on the treadmill) you can pick up their HR instead of yours. Minor concern, but that with the GPS really sold me, but I prefer out door sports, so I really liked the GPS functionality.
  • Thanks everyone!!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Polar FT7 is awesome! Do a search on the message boards here and read past threads. Very good reading and information
  • jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    I got the FT7 from Polar and love it. Lots of helpful information and you can track your workouts on their site with cool charts and other information. It tracks calories burned, average heart rate, max heart rate, time spent in fat burn and cardio zones. I have a thing that transfers the date to their site and it's awesome too. Way better for tracking workouts and workout related information that what's here on MFP. Considering the bluetooth so I can connect it to my phone and import to the polar site from there. You will LOVE the FT7. The wrist watches you have to constantly touch so it'll take readings. I don't think they are as accurate since you hear rate is up and down through a workout. The FT7 tracks it start to finish.