Cottage Cheese why do my taste buds hate you so?!

Options
Not all cottage cheese though. It seems the only brand i can stomach is Daisy 2%. I have tried pretty much every brand out there and they all are disgusting lol.

Right now im trying to plow through the rest of this Knudsens low fat .... :sick: :frown: :indifferent:

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Add some cinnamon. I was scared to at first but it was one of the best food choices I've made.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I LOVE regular knudsen full fat cottage cheese with salt and pepper. And lot's of saltines. I HATE DESPISE CAN'T STAND any other low fat, non fat, brand or anything of cottage cheese will never order it at restaurants or accept it at anyone's house. If I don't see it coming out of that little yellow container, it's not going in my mouth PERIOD. I guess you could say it's a love/hate relationship.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why eat it if you don't like it??
  • vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Try putting a liberal amount of Mrs Dash Tomato Basil Garlic blend on your cottage cheese. Totally changes it and I think it's amazing. It also doesn't add any additional sodium to the cottage cheese.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't eat things I don't like either.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I just can't do it. It's just slightly tangy squishy curds in slime to me :sick:

Have you tried reduced-fat ricotta cheese? It doesn't have as great a protein:fat ratio, but I find it a LOT more palatable.
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    I like the knudsen cottage cheese doubles. 100 calories total for cottage cheese with a healthy dose of strawberry, peach, or blueberry topping. :)
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options

God tier macros.

Fortunately I love the stuff though.
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    try adding fruit to it. Sounds weird i know, but it's so good.
    Peaches or pineapple go together with cottage cheese like peanut butter and jelly, trust.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Eugh! who eats off-milk?
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Scramble it with your eggs, if you eat eggs. You don't really taste it but your eggs will be creamy and delicious.

I love cottage cheese though, I eat it plain most days.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    fat free plain greek yogurt has similar macros to cottage cheese.

I hate the texture of cottage cheese so I eat fage 0% instead when cutting. Chobani is so sour by comparison.....
  • jennedwards2010
    jennedwards2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mix my cottage cheese with cucumber, tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado. Top with some cracked black pepper and YUM!!! PS...I'm NOT a cottage cheese fan!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I love cottage cheese. A little pepper and I'm good to go. But I really love it with pineapple or mandarin oranges. Good stuff!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I cant be within 20 ft of cottage cheese or I start dry heaving. That stuff is nasty. Id rather be around a cadaver.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Odd concept I know, but if you don't like it... don't eat it. :huh:
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options

maybe you need to reread my post. I <3 cottage cheese i am just very brand specific. They were out of what i usually buy so i tried something else and it's disgusting.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand the obsession with people who don't care for cottage cheese forcing themselves to eat it. If you don't like it, there's no reason to try to force yourself to eat it. :huh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I used to eat it when I was a child...............cottage cheese over lettuce with fruit on top.

As an adult, I don't like dairy very much at all. YUCK.

i wish I did because the fat and protein would be great to have while eating something that seems filling, yet light.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the texture. If you don't like the large curds, try small, and vice versa.
    If you don't like the liquidiness, try farmer cheese or mexican queso (a white cheese similar to farmer cheese)
    Put a spoonful of marmalade or jam in, or some ripe berries or bananas - they can perk it up.
    I also like making cheese tortellini, and mixing salsa with cottage cheese as a sauce. quite good. better than sour cream!