Regularly having trouble meeting my calorie goal

Options
Joluru
Joluru Posts: 89 Member
I've set my calorie goal based on TDEE -30%, given my current size and activity level, and even without adding in exercise, I'm struggling to eat enough every day. Sounds strange, but if I'm eating healthy meals, I average about 1600 instead of 1800 calories a day. I don't want to binge or eat junk just to meet my calorie goals.

I'm eating nuts, oils, regular cheese, chicken with the skin, etc. This morning I ate at McDonalds, planned the day with a big breakfast, modest lunch and dinner, meeting my 1800 goal. But that was a big mistake - felt like a brick all morning and I had to force myself to eat anything for lunch!

I am not a big snacker, more of a 3 square meals person, and usually am not very hungry between meals. I'm trying to cut out my evening snack habit.

My diary is open. Could you take a look and see how I should add 200 calories a day to meet my TDEE -30% goal? Or should I just accept that I'm satisfied at 1600 and leave well enough alone?

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you losing? Your TDEE and even the calories you're eating are just estimates so if you feel good and are losing at an acceptable rate you're exactly where you should be.
  • Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm losing consistently. I'm down 14 lb. since 1/1. I'm a little concerned that maybe I'm losing too fast?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great. It's normal to lose more at first -- even to be less hungry as weird as that sounds -- so keep doing what you're doing! Just don't be afraid to eat more later if you find you're hungry or even if it just makes life more enjoyable to have those "extra" calories.