What foods help you stay on track?

Options
2»

Replies

• Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Protien bars, particularly Luna, Odwalla or Lara bars. The Odwalla ones are particularly filling, and having one between lunch and dinner seriously helps my chances of not blowing it big time between meals.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Pomegranet. it takes a long time to pick thru all those seeds.
  • Mountain_Hiker
    Options
    Bell peppers and English cucumbers help me when I want snacks.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    baby spinach salad mix - i put that on everything!
  • Mountain_Hiker
    Options
    Oh Pomegranates are a good one!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Kroger no sugar added fruit bars. They satisfy my sweet tooth and late night cravings for only 25 calories, 6 carbs and 1 gram of sugar.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    High fiber foods.

Foods with reasonable amounts of protein.

Enjoy and Good Luck!
  • cmcy24
    cmcy24 Posts: 17
    Options
    Where do you buy Icelandic yogurt?? All of these were great ideas!

Greek yogurt mixed with bran cereal
    A little peanut butter on whole grain bread
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    Edy's fruit bars, 45 calories each, and whole grapefruit. I like peeling and sectioning a bunch at a time, eating tiny nibbles, then use the bowl full of prepared fruit for lunch for the rest of the week.

The biggest part of me staying on track, though, is my packed lunch!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Pomegranates here as well. I like to eat them one by one like shell on sunflower seeds. Can take me over an hour to eat half a cup.

I also eat a lot of the small yellowfin tuna packs, Clif Builder Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars, raw almonds and walnuts, avocado, craisins, butternut squash, spaghetti squash and quinoa.

I also have an occasional chocolate chip cookie....granted lately it has been every few days, but if I have the room in the calories then it is a nice treat and I don't feel like I am saying no to the things I love.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash. It gave me back all those Italian recipes that called for pasta back. I freakin' loved spaghetti, so it's nice to have something like it. Heck, I like the way the squash tastes more than I ever did the pasta version.
    Yessss!
    Greek yogurt, avocado, eggs, tomatoes. If I am missing these, you will find me at the store!
  • katolack
    Options
    As a recovering fast food addict, I totally appreciate this suggestion!
  • katolack
    Options
    I found Icelandic yogurt (Siggi's brand) at Safeway.
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    raw nuts
    Chobani greek yogurt
    A teaspoon of peanut butter on a slice of bread or crackers
    Weight Watcher's giant chocolate bar
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I like the frozen Green beans and roasted red potatoes in a light butter and rosemary sauce. Takes 5 minutes to microwave, 250 cal for the whole bag so I can stuff myself and the touch of butter sauce kills my fast food craving. Plus packed with good veggie nutrients.Actually frozen bags of veggies in light sauce all work pretty well...
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
    Apples & cinnamon oatmeal

And for when I'm craving something warm and chocolately, Vitacakes Fudgey Chocolate cakes. 50 calories and packed full of vitamins. They come frozen, I nuke it for 20 seconds, and indulge!
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    egg whites & turkey bacon!!