Goal weight for 5'4" girls?

Options
I don't know, but for me I'm thinking 110-115 lbs. Currently I'm 140 or so, haven't weighed since about mid December. I have a lot of fat to lose and it feels like once I lose the amount of fat I want I'll be around that weight...
Thoughts?

Replies

• crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 160lbs, but everyone is different.
    My smallest was 152lbs at 16yrs old and I was told by my Dr to not lose anymore weight.
    I was a size 6/7 and looked AMAZING!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but for me I'm thinking 110-115 lbs. Currently I'm 140 or so, haven't weighed since about mid December. I have a lot of fat to lose and it feels like once I lose the amount of fat I want I'll be around that weight...
    Thoughts?

I'm also 5'4" and my highest weight was 140. I'm currently 115 and considering going down to 110. It really depends on your body shape/type and how much muscle you have as to what weight will look good on you.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and over 40 so I would be happy with 150..
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

I'm 38, almost 39, so close to 40. I would not be happy with 150.
  • Thrasherbabe
    Thrasherbabe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a great goal! (for both of you)
    I'm 5'3'' and my goal weight is 130-135. Keep in mind all of our body frames are different. I tend to carry a lot of weight in my breasts and hips. I hope to get into a size 3-6 jean size like I was in high school =]
    Good luck girls!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    110 is below your ideal weight range, even for a very small frame and 115 either JUST scrapes in or is just under (depending on what you're reading and who you listen to). A healthy weight for 5'4" is usually between 114lb and 151lb, obviously all dependant on what you're reading and what your frame is (small, medium or large).

If you're not happy at 140lb I would probably aim for 120lb-125lb, and from there see what feels right. I'm 5'4" and my goal was 130lb. Now I'm here (ok there's a fraction of a lb still to go!!) I know I could lose more fat, not necessarily more weight. So my new goals are all based around body composition - building muscle and losing fat. Maybe that's something you could also look into.

ETA - could you focus on a goal size instead of a goal weight? My goal size was a 6 - now I'm a 3/5 in jeans and a 2/4 in tops.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Also 5'4" my goal is 120lbs
  • RockOnAllDay
    Options
    110 is below your ideal weight range, even for a very small frame and 115 either JUST scrapes in or is just under (depending on what you're reading and who you listen to). A healthy weight for 5'4" is usually between 114lb and 151lb, obviously all dependant on what you're reading and what your frame is (small, medium or large).

If you're not happy at 140lb I would probably aim for 120lb-125lb, and from there see what feels right. I'm 5'4" and my goal was 130lb. Now I'm here (ok there's a fraction of a lb still to go!!) I know I could lose more fat, not necessarily more weight. So my new goals are all based around body composition - building muscle and losing fat. Maybe that's something you could also look into.

ETA - could you focus on a goal size instead of a goal weight? My goal size was a 6 - now I'm a 3/5 in jeans and a 2/4 in tops.

You pose a good point. I'm thinking that I'll try what you said and go down to about 120 and see where I stand.

Thank all of you for the input!:)
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I want to be a muscular 130
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

I'm 38, almost 39, so close to 40. I would not be happy with 150.

I would...haven't seen 150 in almost 20 years.. If I lose more then good if not, I won't be upset considering I started over 230.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine is a lot higher than the ones posted here. More like 165. I really have some goal measurements. I don't really care about the scale.

But everyone already mentioned, it really depends on how your body is shaped and your body composition. I've got more muscle than most.
  • laridae79
    laridae79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you go by BMI - its anywhere between 110 to 140. I'd aim for the higher end (just because its closer to get to), then reassess when I got there.

So you are actually in the healthy weight range right now. 110 would be bordering on underweight, so just depends on where you want to stop.
  • lscruella
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal is 140-145lbs My doctor agrees with this goal as he says that he thinks the BMI index is too strict especially for my figure. I currently wear 36G bra size, I say this because I carry alot of weight in my chest. When I was in my teens, people thought I was underweight at 135lbs. At 135 lbs I wore a 34E bra so even then I was big. I love my chest and think it's my best asset but I accepted a long time ago that I will never be like the petite girls. This isn't an excuse, I just am aware of what works for me.

I believe your goal should be based on what is right for your figure and what makes you feel healthy. Dont compare to others, we are all unique and have our own ideal weight. I applaud you for any goal you decide is right for you!

As for the person who critized the goal of 150lbs. Remember this: when you point your finger at one person, there are 3 pointing back at you! This is not a place to critisize others but to encourage each other! We have it hard enough in our lives than to have more negativity brought here.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm medium frame little shorter (5'3.5'') currently 120 lbs and my goal weight is 115 lbs. I'm ok going down to 117-118 lbs or so. I'll be pretty thin at 115 lbs since I'm muscular and not small frame
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 125. I think I want to stay around 120. I have a medium frame and I started at 192. I won't go any lower than 120. I think at that point people with a similar frame and height need to worry more about body comp rather than the scale.
  • slim133lbs
    Options
    133lbs!
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.5" my ultimate goal at the moment is 140-145. I would be excited with 175 haha I carry weight well, so I know I could easily be in a size 10 jeans at that weight. I would be ok with that for a while.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    130ish is good for me.
  • BayAreaBabe1
    BayAreaBabe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and would be way too thin at 110-115.....I don't even know if that would be possible for me because i have a large frame and am very muscular. I did that underwater weighing thing many, many years ago and was told my skeletal frame is 114 lbs so you get the picture. My goal weight is 140 and that would be a size 6, maybe 4 for me. I think that is small enough. I am in my 40's. I think there is a recommended weight range from 110-145 for women who are 5'4". Good luck to everyone!!
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to push for the 130-145 range, but my primary fitness goal is to get to around 24-25% body fat and take it from there. I have a fairly muscular frame, and I carry a lot of weight in my breasts, hips, and stomach. I'll see how I feel and see what my doctor thinks. The lowest I've been was 120ish, a size 4-6 on my frame, but I was in the throes of an eating disorder and I'd lost a lot of lean muscle mass as well. I'm trying not to use that as a frame of reference for my goals because I know I didn't look healthy.