Another Newcomer!

Options
Hi all! I just signed up and am in love with this website! I'm on day two to eating better and love that everything is done for me, all I have to do is enter it in. Voila!

I've always been extremely active, but lately my energy level and motivation has dwindled.

About 16 months ago my husband and I started on the journey to conceive our first child. Unfortunately, it hasn't been easy. We're still without a child, but hopefully on our way sooner rather than later. Throughout this journey, I've used food as a comfort to combat my emotions. I don't know why I've let myself get to this point, but it's no longer going to continue!

I've gained about 40 lbs in the last 8 years and have become so incredibly lazy! This is from a girl who used to run 5k's without a problem!

I can't wait to see the results from using MyFitnessPal! I know it's going to be amazing!

Replies

• rb32497
    rb32497 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kvans81. I am a newcomer as well. I hope you find this websitre helpful. I sure do. I am currently trying to get some of my family members doin this. I have been doin this for about two weeks. I am a physical education/health teacher. I am currently giving my students extra credit for participating in this. I am still in decent shape but still working to get my weight down a little. I played college football so I am use to having large portions. I am trying to just replace my large portions with some healthier foods. I haven't played in two seaons now so it's time to change my eating habits.
    I am doin well most days on the eating aspect, but my alcohol intake at night makes me go over almost everynight. I never realized how many liquids calories I was taking in.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, yes, this sight is awsome, dont forget to check out the recipes posted, tons of easy ones to make. :bigsmile:
  • sukie6a
    sukie6a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new as well, I'm still trying to get the handle on this. Although I go over almost every day, it's good to see exactly what I'm eating and how much I'm eating over by, hopefully soon I'll keep the calorie count under goal! Good Luck with both the weight and the baby. I just had one, and I wish the same blessings upon you! Baby will come, not on your time, but at the right time! ;)
  • carolemsavoie
    Options
    Hello !!!! I'm new 2 myfitnesspal ,it's my 1st week here & so far like it.. The easiness of just putting down what I eat & what exercises I do & it also makes me realize how much actual calories is in the foods that I usually eat making me be more consious of what it is that goes in my mouth ...I am 330 lbs with 3 adorable girls who need their mom 2 be better than she is right now...... I want 2 be here 4 now & their future lives..... I have 3 girls & know how precious it is every 1 of them has there own uniqueness & I pray that you get blessed with children of your very own......
  • kvans81
    kvans81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really hope you're all able to achieve your goals! And, if needed, please contact me as I would love to help. The unfortunate thing in my case is I was always an athlete and am still active, just made extremely poor choices when it came to the food I was eating. I've been here/done that before and know what I need to do in order to lose the weight. My problem is just the motivation aspect!

Good luck to you all :smile: