Am I doing this right?

Options
So I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, and I'm starting to notice that I have a cycle. I eat very well during the week, I exercise four times and I feel great; the weekends I lie about mainly, and eat carbs and sugars, and then every two or three weeks I snap and eat the house bare...Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I'm eating any where from 800-1250 calories a day on average (if we exclude binges) :embarassed:
I exercise at the gym three times a week doing 30-40 minutes of cardio, and 20-30 minutes of weights with an hour yoga class, I'm 5'4 and under 20 years old, and I'm trying to lose my last five pounds and start maintaining; I wouldn't mind getting toned either. :wink:

I'd really appreciate some honest advice; I know that I'm probably eating a bit less than I should, I think I'm a bit afraid that if I eat more I'll...balloon. :noway:

Any advice is welcome, please? :ohwell:

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You are actually eating A LOT LESS than you should.

800 calories is a starvation diet. 1250 calories is still probably about 200 under your BMR. Even if you weren't exercising, this is starving yourself.

I am trying to lose the last few pounds myself. I'm only half an inch taller than you. I eat anywhere from 1500-2000 calories a day and consistently lose body fat.

Did you use the calculator on this site to figure out how many calories you need to be eating? You need to be eating that many calories PLUS any calories burned from exercise if you are using MFP.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

So I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, and I'm starting to notice that I have a cycle. I eat very well during the week, I exercise four times and I feel great; the weekends I lie about mainly, and eat carbs and sugars, and then every two or three weeks I snap and eat the house bare...Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I'm eating any where from 800-1250 calories a day on average (if we exclude binges) :embarassed:
    I exercise at the gym three times a week doing 30-40 minutes of cardio, and 20-30 minutes of weights with an hour yoga class, I'm 5'4 and under 20 years old, and I'm trying to lose my last five pounds and start maintaining; I wouldn't mind getting toned either. :wink:

I'd really appreciate some honest advice; I know that I'm probably eating a bit less than I should, I think I'm a bit afraid that if I eat more I'll...balloon. :noway:

Any advice is welcome, please? :ohwell:

1) The reason you binge is probably because you are restricting you calories.
    2) You aren't eating enough.

Take 30 mins out of your day and read
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    Then do the homework with your numbers and eat that amount each day.