Newbie looking for some motivation and support!!

Options
Hey guys! I'm still new to this and have slowly been getting into the habit of logging in everyday but it's always good to have some motivation from other people and see how well everyone's doing together, so feel free to add me and we can go on this crazy, exciting journey together, I'm determined to increase my fitness and overall health, so to inspire myslef I've entered to do a Tough Mudder this September, so I really do have to crack on with my goals so I can complete it and do myslef proud!

Looking forward to talking to you all! :) xx

Replies

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good luck with all your goals. I have goals that I am trying to stick to. Although I am healthy overall, I am committed to doing cardio and weightlifting. Eat even healthier. I am going to run/walk in a 5K this spring so hold me to it. lol!

All the best.
  • JackieA47
    JackieA47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! best of luck to you too in your goals. I think it always helps to have something to ain towards as it makes the training worhtwhile and you don't want to let yourself down! I'll check in to see how your walk/run 5k goes. Good luck!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I watched a preview of one of those Tough Mudder events. Holy Crap! You'd better get crackin'! LOL! I would do one of those. Looks fun and sorta dangerous! :) Will see if one is going to be near me.

Friend me up if you want. I try to stay involved and help motivate my MFP peeps!
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Awesome that you signed up for the tough mudder! I want to do it sometime! :) Sending you an add.
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I just watched a few more Tough Mudder videos. I am addicted to the idea now. :) I am in no way ready for such and event, but gives me something to strive for. One in April near me (2.5 hours) and another one in August (2.5 hours other direction) Maybe ready for the August one. I would rather it be too hot than to cold.
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Those tougher mudder look insane - well done for giving yourself such a goal, sounds great and something to really look forward to (if they're the right words!!)

Feel free to add me as a friend, and anyone else on here.

Personally I'm into my cycling and looking forward to doing plenty of 100+ miles rides this year, so gotta get right back into the fitness work.

Good luck :happy:
  • redshaz73
    Options
    Hi Jackie

Welcome to MFP. I am relatively new to this site and I am loving it. I am getting into the habit of logging foods on my food diary as and when I eat it. Its so easy to keep track and its great having the app on my mobile so that I can log in anytime.

Sending you a friend request so that we can support and motivate one another.

Sharon
  • Specneedsmom4
    Specneedsmom4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome. I'm new on here too. I'm looking to find other people in the same boat as me. I'm logging daily now, used to on WW, so it's familiar, without the points. I also got a Fitbit One at Best Buy which u can sync with ur MFP acct.

Sherri
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm here everyday, feel free to add me :)
    Tough mudder sounds FUN!
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome. I'm kind of a newbie as well. I had this app since Sept but came into the forum today for the first time. I love it even though I haven't been diligent on it, but hope to start fresh now.
  • redshaz73
    Options
    Hi guys and welcome

I have sent you all friend requests so that we can motivate and support each other.

Sharon
  • Runner5Insanity
    Options
    Hi just wondering where your doing the tough mudder? (And hoping its close by lol)

I've got this on March 2nd www.thenutschallenge.co.uk and again in September my kids do this . . . Www.warrioradrenalinerace.co.uk (next one is April) and I was looking into tofu mudder and the pain barrier but can't decide which!

Have you seen this group? It might be of interest to you,
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/414-obstacle-runs-training-group

Good luck!