VEGGIES!

Options
Hello there. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on incorporating vegetables into my lunch? I need easy, quick, and packable! I used to take carrot sticks every day, but that's getting pretty old. Would love some feedback! thanks

Replies

• notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Salads are an easy one. I just pack a container of lettuce , sliced onion, mushrooms, capsicum , that sort of thing to have with some protien and carbs. If I am having a hot meal, I take some frozen vegies, and 'cook' them while heating the rest.
  • pinky_pinkster
    pinky_pinkster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    - a box of spinach leaves, chopped up cucumber, chopped up tomato, grated carrot, a few raisens & pine nuts thrown in makes a yummy salad, I don't bother with dressing as its tastes yummy as it is
    - a box of asparagus + baby sweetcorn + broccoli, with a tiny bit of garlic sauce - to heat up at lunch time
    - cucumber sticks
    - pepper sticks
    - cherry tomato's
    - celery sticks
    - a box of grated carrot & raisens mixed together
    - salad mushrooms (the white ones with the nice rubbery texture)
    - in a pot put a mix of cranberries and almonds (ok not really a veggie but tastes amazing!)
    - in a bottle I put water, ice and sliced cucumbers

Just a few things I take with my lunch :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can bring frozen veggies and nuke 'em if there's a microwave.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Salads are always good for basic lunches.
    I made tacos from beans and thinly sliced squash the other day and it was bomb.
    Veggie wraps or burritos could be cool, with squash and green beans and broccoli etc.
    veggie stirfly leftovers over brown rice
    roasted veggie sandwich
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Home made veggie soup - yum!!