30 Day Shred feels easy

Options
2»

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    What weights are you using? You can always increase to a higher weight … nothing saying you must stick with 5lb or less. Try 8 or 10 or more.. Also, push yourself to do the regular pushups, even if you can only do one or two, or even a half. Anything that is pushing with make it more of a challenge.

Or just skip 30DS and go to Ripped in 3. It is more intense. (There are also other video … the library is a great place to try them for free)
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ITA with most of the above; see what Levels 2&3 have in store before pitching the program.. some tough stuff! Also, I just peeked at Jillian's "Killer Abs" video the other day, and -- woah! -- it hurt my eyes it looked so hard ;)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    You're not doing it wrong. 30 DS is easy if your fitness level isn't in the basement. Not to say it isn't an ok workout, it definitely helped me gain some definition, but i'm pretty athletic and it was pretty easy for me. PS if you were doing the full pushups you'd at least know it was a good shoulder workout. LOL.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with most. Skip a level or get heavier weights. I'm still on Level 1 with heavier weights. But I guess that makes me low on the excercise perspective.
  • banana47
    banana47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that info. I completed day 1, but I am so sore I can't do day 2 until tomorrow when I can push my sore muscles.
  • banana47
    banana47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that info. I completed day 1, but I am so sore I can't do day 2 until tomorrow when I can push my sore muscles.
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I normally bike as transport, play roller derby, have a personal trainer and also go for walks / runs every week.
    Level 1 30DS isn't hard for me, but I push myself to perfect the movements, getting lower in squats etc, and I also upped my weights. I just keep pushing myself harder and harder and I do get a decent sweat up.
  • newme1995
    Options
    I felt the same, I worked up a sweat on level 1 but I never once had to stop or was out of breath. When I moved on to level 2 however... well that was a different story! Keep at it, you will need it for the next levels! Keep going harder and stronger
  • toni119922
    toni119922 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For level 1 I have upped my weights, go uber low in my squats and go faster in the cardio. I also do it 2 times a night. I am also going to be starting c25K soon, and hitting the gym on weekends if I can.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this thread as I've just done day 1, level 1 and reading other peoples comments about it being an intense workout I also wondered why I didn't really get much out of it. I thought I'd be cursing at Jillian as others were lol

I've been doing Pop Physique and Suzanne Bowman's Belly Blitz and they are a lot more challenging but I'm eager to get the results other have with 30DS.

Think I will have to find something heavier to use as weights for tomorrows workout as I could only find a couple of tins of peas today lol. I am also going to continue with some other exercises/workouts to try and get the best results I can.

I think my fitness level is really poor so its quite strange really