Do you weight in each week no matter what . . . .?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good or Bad up or down - it is logged every Friday. Pretending things didn't happen doesn't really work for me.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Three or four times actually, and I log it. Even if its up.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    weekly up or down this is for me so no sense in lying or only reporting the good
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh in nearly every day and then once a week I take an average and plot that too seperately, so I have a "trend" weight. Means I don't get annoyed if I see the scales go up!
  • leftyguitarplr
    leftyguitarplr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week, and record everything - it keeps me honest, and on the path
  • jltotaro
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. But I only record it when it shows a loss. I would get discouraged otherwise. :)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Happily it does not post to your stream when you gain! :)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week on Sundays ^_^ But of course if I'm on holiday, then not ~
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    EVERY SUNDAY...immediately after my sunday morning workout, sometime between 7-9am.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I record friday mornings every week no matter what. Keeps me accountable. This friday morning I weighed 149.2 and I was a bit disappointed as I thought I would be down more. Weighed later friday and weighed saturday morning and I was 147.4. I think I had some high sodium food thursday night and that's why friday morning was higher. However I left my weigh in at 149.2 cause that's what it was friday morning, and next friday I should be able to see a nice loss.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Until I reached maintenance I recorded whatever the scale said, up or down each Sunday morning.

Now that I'm at maintenance, my weight on weigh-in day has been showing within one pound of my target on my home scale (so I don't report that variation). Later in the day, with a more sensitive electronic scale (0.5 pound increments) we do record that as part of the tracking for the class record and that has been staying within 0.5 pounds of the maintnenance weight until this past week. I am down a pound by that scale. That also is not reflected here.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-in is on Thursday mornings. That is the weight I put in MFP. There are other mid-week weigh-ins, but I don't add those to MFP. I like to see the bigger loss on a weekly basis.
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning out of the shower. I record it no matter what the results show. My scale is digital and has tenths but I always round up, even if it is a .1 result. The ups and downs are all part of life so why wouldnt I accept it in a lifestyle change.
  • mbacheld72
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning - no matter what.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I weight myself about every day but only record it on Tuesdays, no matter what. I used to not weight myself during that time of the month but I think I used that as an excuse to eat more. You have to hold yourself accountable.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday AM and record it on MFP no matter what. My new gym weighs everyone once a week before a workout and records it in their system also. I don't record the gym weight on MFP since that is a different scale and time of day, I try to keep my charts consistent.
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ive made a plan to weigh in every Monday morning ( to keep me on track @ weekend) however I take one week off a month (as a woman one week/mth can be discouraging)

So....3x a month lol
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    every week??? I weigh in twice a DAY! But I am not really normal..... kind of a hyper/control freak and it works for me.

I think the question being asked is really 'How should I measure myself and how often?' That answer is different for every person on MFP. Some people should measure weight, others should measure their waist and others should measure their resting heart rate.

The frequency is also very personal. Clearly, for me, frequent is good. That motivates me. Allows me to make sure I don't fall too far away. For my wife, my process would be absolute TORTURE. Pick a frequency that makes it something that you look forward to doing, not something that you dread.

Our goals in life should drive the tools that we use to measure them. We have specific tools to measure our progress on our personal, specific financial goals. The same should be true for our personal fitness goals (that are hopefully bigger than just weight loss...).

One ruler does not work for all!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I weight nearly every day, but I change my ticker on Friday mornings. I change it regardless of whether I went up, down or stayed the same. It helps me to stay on track. If I'm up, I can take a look at my week, figure out why and do better.
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself the same time every evening (when I am at home, sometimes I stay at the girlfriend's place and she doesn't have a scale.) I am logging that every day (I used to keep a sheet of paper with all my statistics on it, but now I log them in MFP.)

I don't really care about short-term ups and downs, as long as the weekly trend is downward I'm satisfied. If I drank 32 oz of water before bed then weighed myself I'd weigh roughly 2 pounds more than if I didn't. For the past few nights that is what I was doing (I use water as a substitute for food when my calorie budget for the day is met) so I didn't lose any weight. Last night I fell asleep right after my workout and dinner and slept for about 10 hours. Boom, water weight was missing, down almost 3 pounds (I round up ALL the time, no lying to myself!)