Water question

Options
I dont particularly like drinking water so I was going to drink all 8 glasses one after another in the morning. Is that ok to do?

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Yous gonna get a tummy ache.

Also, I think this will make you hate water more.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yous gonna get a tummy ache.

Also, I think this will make you hate water more.

I agree, and your body needs water through out the day, not just at one time.
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use those Mio flavor drops when I am bored with plain water... they are amazing. Otherwise I would reach for a diet soda or tea with a sweeter.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor but I would think that would be too much water at one time for your kidneys... plus, your body needs water through out the day.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I tried that once, I threw it all up.

I drink sugar free blackcurrant squash with my water, 3 litres a day with coffee.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love the flavored waters from Nestle. Or you could try the Fruit 2 O ones. I drink alternately- one regular water, one flavored water.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about ounces or cups, just stay hydrated. You can determine hydration via the color of your pee:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857659-the-definitive-how-much-water-do-i-really-need-thread
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    pound the water! I say, 8? Why not drink 12!
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that would definitely make your stomach hurt!

If water taste to plain for you maybe try infusing it with some fruit or mint. Just throw it in the fridge in a pitcher and fill it up a couple of times before you change the fruit or whatever out. Try cutting up an apple and throw it in there with a couple cinnamon sticks and fill with ice and water, maybe let it sit for an hour or so before drinking, it's really refreshing.

Also, I've never been a big water drinker myself but ever since i've started this journey I feel like i want to drink more water, i crave it even. Before I used to be a big soda drinker and now I don't even really have any interest, although I do still indulge in my iced tea from time to time.

Good luck!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I dont particularly like drinking water so I was going to drink all 8 glasses one after another in the morning. Is that ok to do?
    What would be the point of doing that?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 - 32 oz waters a day and slam each one down. Then enjoy my diet pepsi's the rest of the day... I am no doctor but it doesn't hurt me doin it that way....
  • FabFran33
    Options
    Try distilled water. Or, try making your own flavored water. Check these out on pinterest.com

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=flavored+water
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    I usually start the day drinking 3-4 cups of water, and then drink more throughout the day, usually netting over 10 cups of just plain water, plus coffee, tea, and milk on top of that.

However, back when I started being more conscious about how much water I drank, and I realized how little I was drinking because it was boring, I started adding lemon juice to a 32oz water bottle. Yes, lemon juice has calories, but lemon juice and water is better than coke. Over time, I decreased the lemon I used. It worked for me.
  • MWarren0514
    Options
    Well I have to say that I absolutely HATE water, never drank water, and in fact, it made me feel like throwing up so I can totally relate to you and this was just a few short weeks ago! However, I have since started drinking water regularly, and am currently up to 32oz or slightly more, one day I drank 64oz and that's still not enough but I'm trying. I do it a few different ways: we carry the Mio flavor enhancer drops everywhere with us, Dasani also makes some really good ones, Walmart has their own, experiment with different kinds! Crystal Light is a popular one but I would stay away from that one. And you honestly don't need that much. I know people say that you should drink warm water because it takes longer for the cold water but for me, that wasn't gonna happen!! So I drink my water really cold. Don't drink it all at once, you will get a tummy ache and it will make you hate drinking water even more than you already do. There are other ways you can drink it like adding cucumber and watermelon to your water....honestly, I didn't like that as much as I thought I would so I never did that again. I've been sticking with the several different Mio and Dasani flavor enhancers and as long as you don't go overboard, they're ok to do consistently. Throw one in your bag or purse or whatever and that way you have it at a restaurant too. Or if you're at a restaurant, and don't have it, just get lemon or lime, and add a tiny bit of splenda to it. You can also buy liquid Stevia (natural sweetener) that you can bring along with you too. Good luck! Drinking water is HARD! But like someone else said, now, my body can actually tell when I haven't had enough and I can actually "feel" it....my husband actually said the same thing :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    (assuming this isn't a fake question) I can't stand water either but after doing research (in order to hydrate for races properly) your body can only absorb a normal amount (i'm not sure exact amount, but like a quart an hour) and if you drink too much your liver can have to work hard. It won't cause a problem immediatley however long-term it will if your liver is constantly overworked. i prefer my liver to work for Rum not water hehe.
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I generally dont like the taste of water either. But i have started having hot water - heated in the kettle or from the hot tap of our water cooler in the office - instead and it tastes much nicer (and warming on these colder days brrr)
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree, get the water flavor drops. there are many brands out there now: Mio, Dasani, Crystal light, and more stores have their own brand. Thats how I drink mine!
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't dislike water. Drink it all the time but to mix it up I keep some organic Teas around. Usually just top off my glass of water with a little favored tea (Peach, Mint & Honey, Raspberry).
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    You should try the Sparkling ICE water - Black Raspberry is my favorite and it's delicious!!!